My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

Update... Rain stopped play on Sunday so had to bring in the parts inside for degreasing and cleaning.

DE534B5E-9CDD-4672-A515-D9983DEBA4D7_zps

2CAF1607-9547-4A4C-82C8-F75655817063_zps

Had a good sesh this morning, got the cams in with all the holders and got the torqued down to speck. Got her all timed up,exhaust on and te dizzy. Went to refit the inlet manifold and decided to have a look in the ports,luckily I did, they were covered in oil :( I had suspected the pcv valve could have been the cause of the oil burning to start with, and this kinda confirms it.

26DD1E69-CF72-4E51-A3C6-90526251DA33_zps

87262484-8039-4F5C-83DC-2C670BB36C89_zps

Popped along to halfords and bought some intake cleaner as mine had ran out. Also picked up some Bosch super 4 plugs, used them a few times and they had a deal on. So task for later is to clean the inlet up and get it fitted. Then want to check valve clearances before putting the cam cover back on. Slowly getting there.

Looking grand matey. Such a lot of work dissembling and re assembling!

Besides the crank pulley & bolt, any hick ups?? Or all come undone nicely?

Looking grand matey. Such a lot of work dissembling and re assembling!

Besides the crank pulley & bolt, any hick ups?? Or all come undone nicely?

So far it's just been the crank pulley bolt tbh. But the brand new hondabond gasket sealer I bought decided to burst at the bottom and spill out :( might contact te seller on eBay about that!

The inlet manifold is the fiddly bit, there's a few vac hoses, clips, sensors etc that I need to try remember where they go, and the fact that access to most of the bolts underneath is crap. Going to be bricking it when it comes to starting it.... Just hope there's no leaks or smoke.

Thanks for the encouragement tho guys!

Ah no need to brick it mate! Sure it'll be fine! Most of the vac hoses etc kind of only go one way anyway!

Plus there are manuals etc about that could help!

Well managed to get the inlet cleaned and fitted tonight :) it was pretty black/oily so I'm hoping she should be running pretty good now. The idle control valve was also clogged up so gave that a good blast with the carb cleaner too. Double checked the pcv valve was moving after giving it a good clean up, and all is well. All that's left todo now is check valve clearances,fill with oil and coolant (bleed the coolant too) refit cam cover, intake pipe and power steering belt. Took the opportunity to fit the new alternator belt I got with the car as it had an annoying little squeak. Took some pics but nothing to exciting.

E6A99B55-4037-4695-99DC-967986E4E8B8_zps

C780E0E1-0476-4525-A917-0398F4662A28_zps

Well done man some good work going down there.

I also noticed when I changed intake manifold. Stock had loads of fresh oil in the runners. But pcv valve is new. No obvious oil consumption and no smoke at all! Random.

Well doesn't look like your far off firing her up! Nice