My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

• 2 weeks later...

Not looked at the mb for well over a week now :( been trying to view some local decks. Missed out on a cracker of one with the 1.5 ecotec engine. Hoping to go view another 99 model tonight which is taxed and motd but the guy thinks it requires a cv joint. He's only wanting £180 for it. If this falls through then there's a hatchback just along the road for £400 but I'd ideally like a deck. Still hoping I can find someone with a leak down tester so I can get to the bottom with what's wrong with this engine.

£180?! Bargain regardless of the CV joint, as long as it runs, drives and has some T&T anything else can be sorted really! 

x2, bargain!

Where you finding thease dude? I'm seriously thinking about getting a 1.5 deck as a daily so I can keep the mb6 as a weekend/crail car, but they seem to be pretty rare thease days, especially the ecotec.

And yeh 180 is a bargain lol

Yeah that's what I'm thinking! Probably break the mb and just fit all the good bits to it.

Dougie I'm just trailing through gumtree,eBay and some local forums.

Well I bought the deck for a grand total of...£125 :) taxed till end of June as motd till late august! It needs work doing to it but I made it home lol has a really bad oil leak but I had a quick look underneath and it looks like a hole in the oil filter. Used this to knock the money off as I said it looked like a big job lol il get a thread started over the next few days.

• Like 1

If I hadn't bought it then he was going to scrap it! Seemed like to good a car to scrap in my eyes. Just need time to give it a GOOD clean (think it's been used as someone's van) and a service.