Rear Disc Brake Advice

Butcher

Never noticed anything flashing. I didn't really check, because although the immobiliser crossed my mind, I immediately dismissed it based on the fact the starter motor was turning. I would've expected it to click and do nothing if it was the immob?

It was one of those moments, you know when you start it, and you have a habit of turning the key for a set amount of time, say a second, then you let go without thinking, expecting it to fire up at that moment as it always does...and it doesn't. So you quickly do it again. Then very occasionally, you do it a little too quickly, only to realise it has already fired up the first time and it makes a horrible screeching noise?

It was kinda like that. Except it mustn't have fired up the first time because it wasn't running, and the screeching sound wasn't actually screeching, it was just spinning. But for a brief moment there, I thought I'd actually ****ed it by doing that! 

But I could swear it engaged the first time. And not the second. Which would probably rule out the cold. And the immobiliser (since the key hadn't moved). So I think I might have a quick look about for any cheap starters to keep as a backup...

Are you pushing the pistons aswell?? Rears wind in like a screw. Can't push them like the fronts.

Yes, screwed them in. I learned this lesson last time I changed the pads. Wasted a good hour at least trying to push them in. I felt pretty stupid once I found the answer on the internet.  :???:

Never noticed anything flashing. I didn't really check, because although the immobiliser crossed my mind, I immediately dismissed it based on the fact the starter motor was turning. I would've expected it to click and do nothing if it was the immob?

It was one of those moments, you know when you start it, and you have a habit of turning the key for a set amount of time, say a second, then you let go without thinking, expecting it to fire up at that moment as it always does...and it doesn't. So you quickly do it again. Then very occasionally, you do it a little too quickly, only to realise it has already fired up the first time and it makes a horrible screeching noise?

It was kinda like that. Except it mustn't have fired up the first time because it wasn't running, and the screeching sound wasn't actually screeching, it was just spinning. But for a brief moment there, I thought I'd actually ****ed it by doing that!

But I could swear it engaged the first time. And not the second. Which would probably rule out the cold. And the immobiliser (since the key hadn't moved). So I think I might have a quick look about for any cheap starters to keep as a backup...

Sorry I misread. Yes the immobiliser stops the starter. So not that.

Hope it behaves for you now

did it Sound like it was spinning quicker than usual? mine did that when my dizzy went... :(

made a hurrendous squeal when dizzy went for me. Car died whilst giving it beans. Stopped. Tried to start again and it made horrible squeeling noise