• 3 weeks later...

It's been a couple of weeks! The motorway seems to be helping a great deal. I'm saving around £10+ a week, dropping my fuel usage to around £200 a month. I'm fairly happy with this.

My insurance renewal is next month. Need to shop around. I'm currently with Brentacre, all mods declared are free but you pay quite a hefty premium (hidden fees, admin fees, fees for a fee...fees to pay for fees, you get the picture).

I'm paying £1000 a year and Swiftcover quoted me £520 when I checked them out!

Anyway, I have a VTi-S splitter on the way in silver, direct fit. Easy job I hope... provided all the bolts come undone.

I re-fit the factory airbox and a new Blueprint filter. I like the open cone filter for noise.. but that's all it gave. I've swapped and changed a few times this year. I did experience a noticeable flat spot at low revs with the cone filter, a considerable drop in torque. This was especially noticeable with passengers.

Plus the bwaaarp noise made it too easy to have a lead foot!

Car funds for coilovers are low again as I've just blown a wad of cash on an Nvidia GTX970 graphics card and a new phone :P

Did anyone snap up that DC2 airbox on Facebook the other day ? It was £25 ;)

VTi-S splitter fitted :)

It needs a coat of paint but seeing as it's now chilly out there, it can wait till next year!

z9aYWyc.jpg

I'm on the hunt for a possible leak. Car is getting very steamy with all this rain. The windscreen was wet on the inside yesterday night :(

If I put the blowers on hot, it just steams up the windscreen quicker... possibility that there's a leak into the heater duct?

I also get no radio reception. My head unit will skip through every frequency... occasionally I'll pick up 1 station if I'm in another town.

Aerial was replaced but still no joy. b****red aerial cable from the roof maybe? 

:)

• 1 month later...

Not been too active on here recently :(

Done a few things, oil, air filter.

I noticed this this morning

y9yMumm.jpg

Had a quick look before work and it seems to be the top of the windscreen. The sealant looks feels very degraded.

I'll have a look around on my lunch break.

But what do you guys suggest?

Waiting for it to dry and coating it in waterproof sealant or digging out what I can and then sealing?

It's either the windscreen, blocked sunroof drains or the drivers door seal.

Got my fingers under the roof liner and could feel stringy sealant that was wet around the top edge of the windscreen.

I've left a cloth wedged in the a-pillar to soak up the water for now :(

When I had my headlining out the whole area was wet, condensation rather than looking like a leak. But I suppose if you hit it with sealant and see if it stops getting damp, process of elimination.

Tiger seal FTW

Truly bad a*s stuff.

Going to blow through the sunroof channels with an air duster and keep and eye on the leak.

My head liner is sagging bad at the back so I may just rip it out and do without one for a while.