Project TDi Bora... Plastidip...eh yeah .... Dont do it

jamestopdog

Right any mechanics help me please, cars started making terrible noise coming from engine bay, first noticed it on reversing but also does on slowing down, like a very loud vibration/grinding, as you look at engine bay its on the left hand side, new wing/side of engine near expansion.

Please see video, also when i lean on the rocker cover it does it and take weight off it stops...possible dogbone or engine mount?

http://youtu.be/TO2jCr3AUYc

You're probably right, to me that sounds like one of the engine mounts is knackered  :(

Could be worse though, could be the timing belt tensioner rattling its t!ts off  :???:

Do you have to put much pressure on the rocker to make it do the noise?

Just lean on it mate (i am quite heavy!)

You're probably right, to me that sounds like one of the engine mounts is knackered  :(

Yeah i reckon, sounds really bad when reversing but cant really here it in tickover

Could be worse though, could be the timing belt tensioner rattling its t!ts off  :???:

Hopefully not mate only had the belt done a couple of months ago :(

Hmmm interesting just read that the mount has to be removed for a timing belt change and the bolts are torque to yield bolts that can only be used once....

'someone who is knowledgeable about TDI's(definitely NOT the dealers). Please do a search here under broken engine mount-you will discover that most people had the TB changed by the dealer or "someone who works on diesels"-the TB on your car has TTY bolts (torque to yield) -that means they are ONE TIME USE ONLY BOLTS!!!!!! '

Whats the bet this is what happened...?