Project TDi Bora... Plastidip...eh yeah .... Dont do it

jamestopdog

James Lambert (facebook)

Please friend. Never, ever plastidip your car. Not even once. Unless the paint is screwed already. If you're thinking about it. Don't. This is what can happen. This isn't even the worst damage. Share this with your friends, don't let them make the same mistake I did and be led into believing this is a safe way to change the colour of your car. It's not. 10 hours and still peeling.

gsklBXa.jpg

Do a lot of research on this before you decide, from what i'v been hearing i'st not good for your paint.

Oh dear! Plastidip isn't all it's cracked up to be then?

Nope!  

to be fair, just about every plasti dip supplier or advocate does say that you need at least 5 coats, so the fact that it didn't work properly with only a couple isn't all that surprising

Emmm ive also had it on wheels with more than 5 coats and still hard to get off in places, but yeah definitely dont recommend doing less than five coats as absolute joke to get off

Do a lot of research on this before you decide, from what i'v been hearing i'st not good for your paint.

Oh, not good, I hope it didn't damage your paint like that. :(

Luckily my paint was all good underneath and also fine on my wheels. Personally just think its quite expensive and not worth it unless your just doing small bits like badges , grills etc. and doing it to a whole car? Not for me