Project TDi Bora... Plastidip...eh yeah .... Dont do it

jamestopdog

Cool.

Gonna do my winter wheels like that.

Sold. :-)

May as well, what colour?

Wheels look smart, could go lighter I guess but they look good like that. :)

Yeah they are too dark for me really so will get another silver metalizer spray and do some more coats. Its more graphite atm rather than gunmetal

The Bora is defiantly there now. Looks simply stunning!

I will watch and see how well the plasti-dip hold up on your wheels. If all goes well, I will defiantly get the stuff ;)

• Like 1

The Bora is defiantly there now. Looks simply stunning!

I will watch and see how well the plasti-dip hold up on your wheels. If all goes well, I will defiantly get the stuff ;)

Cheers Kyfer, not much else gonna happen to it for a while now (although have just ordered another tin of plastidip!)

Been meaning to say cars looking sweet mate, especially last few photos, see you hardly got any grief on splitter scuffers and that is a achievement with those idiots on there! rover jokes, yeah Ive never heard them before :D

• Like 1

Cheers Kyfer, not much else gonna happen to it for a while now (although have just ordered another tin of plastidip!)

Been meaning to say cars looking sweet mate, especially last few photos, see you hardly got any grief on splitter scuffers and that is a achievement with those idiots on there! rover jokes, yeah Ive never heard them before :D

I like the colour of the plasti-dip on your wheels now to be honest! 

People who think our Hondas are Rovers are people who don't know a lot... :lol:

Yeah I thought I was going to get completely annihilated of haters but I got lucky this time :lol:  

Okay so did the headlights again, they came out really well actually, but annoyingly a different colour blue to the fogs so might remove it

f70a002e9bb59e32df2b4db6ea38c7eb.jpg

Also used a bit of the blue film to do the reverse lights on the back

26f4068de8850d4cf69fd4d4f21b561b.jpg

Added some nice H&R sparkly stickers to rear quarters

3b6ebec6b775848d13f752c5e44e14f4.jpg

And fired up my vinyl machine for new rear window vinyl (going to be EastCoast, the West is for Kyfer!)

de5dcdc6cca2ad5781a65bc45efcf000.jpg

• Like 3

You are magic! That is just awesome mate! :D I will PM you soon!

Nice job on tinting the headlights. Even though they're not the same colour as the fogs, I think it still goes well together! :)

• Like 1

Wheels look awesome! How much plastidip has it taken to do them? If it lasts well I may use that on my two sets instead of getting them painted as they are in really good condition!

• Like 1

Thanks!

Well used three tins of black and one tin of metalizer, so I would say one tin per corner. Only annoying thing where I did the plastic bag thing around the brake discs (as per youtube instructions) some of the bag has slightly touched the wheel and am worried it may lift. Time will tell.

Thing is my wheels were great condition underneath and wouldnt have wanted to permanently paint them, least this way I can go back to silver, then redo. They just bought out a copper metalizer which I fancy!