Project TDi Bora... Plastidip...eh yeah .... Dont do it

jamestopdog

Not taking it back to him Nik, cant be driven anyway the cam cover is catching on the belt now. So going to have to get it recoverd to local garage and fixed. Just hope the can do it quickly as i cant get to work with out it (26 mile trip or two hour train journey)

Another mechanic i know says its gonna be big job if bolts have snapped as you cant get too them to drill out.

Need this like a hole in the head, just bloody knew i shouldnt have sold my back up car...

• Like 2

Yeah the bolts look like they defiantly broke. Bloody hell....  :evil:

Looks like a really awkward tight space to get the bolts too. If it was my car, I would undo the 2 big top bolts, place the jack on the sump with a block of wood, and jack the engine up. Might gain excess to the broken bolts then.

Not taking it back to him Nik, cant be driven anyway the cam cover is catching on the belt now. So going to have to get it recoverd to local garage and fixed. Just hope the can do it quickly as i cant get to work with out it (26 mile trip or two hour train journey)

Another mechanic i know says its gonna be big job if bolts have snapped as you cant get too them to drill out.

Need this like a hole in the head, just bloody knew i shouldnt have sold my back up car...

Ah sh1t, what a nightmare. :(

Looks like a really awkward tight space to get the bolts too. If it was my car, I would undo the 2 big top bolts, place the jack on the sump with a block of wood, and jack the engine up. Might gain excess to the broken bolts then.

Yeah i just know its going to be a expensive job :(

• Like 1

Kyfer is it the bolts that attach to the block do you reckon?