Turbo kit

MB6IX

I got slated on civic life for my budget turbo setup. But then had loads of people message me saying they done the same and it's fine.

So who knows until you Try yaself I guess..

I got slated on civic life for my budget turbo setup. But then had loads of people message me saying they done the same and it's fine.

So who knows until you Try yaself I guess..

I think you can pull it off on a budget as long as the key parts aren't silly cheap, race tech offer a basic turbo kit starting at around £1500 using a reconditioned blower.

Their basic set up is a twin scroll td05 from an evo though which is the only thing that puts me off. Restricts you if you ever want to change. Plus that's only mani, turbo, IC & IC pipe work. It's pricey.

I know mapping is incredibly important. I think racetech would be a good choice.

From what I gather they offer warranty if fitted by them.

And td05 may restrict you flange wise but it's gonna be an awesome turbo.

Their basic set up is a twin scroll td05 from an evo though which is the only thing that puts me off. Restricts you if you ever want to change. Plus that's only mani, turbo, IC & IC pipe work. It's pricey.

I'm sure for someone like me it would probably be enough! But I do know someone who works at Midland Turbo so could probably get the parts a bit cheaper then it would be a case of fitting and mapping. Wouldn't be cheap by any means.

@KiNK43 yeah i think your right mate, something like a 3 year warranty on the mani, 6 month on the turb and then 24 month if they fit it ..

TD05 is a pretty good turbo by all accounts, quick spool and keeps going top end .. From what i've read and seen, should return around 250 @ 7-8 psi .. And could be cranked up higher ..

Swings and round abouts really .. Difficult to know which route to take ..

@KiNK43 yeah i think your right mate, something like a 3 year warranty on the mani, 6 month on the turb and then 24 month if they fit it ..

TD05 is a pretty good turbo by all accounts, quick spool and keeps going top end .. From what i've read and seen, should return around 250 @ 7-8 psi .. And could be cranked up higher ..

Swings and round abouts really .. Difficult to know which route to take ..

See for what I want that's already more power than I have in mind, if as you and others say the stock internals are happy to take even more then that would be me sorted power wise as I'd not need any more really!