Clutch knackered me thinks!

mr-gav

Evening Folks!

I have a 2000 MB2 Civic and I think the Clutch is about to go, but just wanted to ask your thoughts! After watching my beloved football team scrape a 1 nil win I jumped back in the car for the journey home. I noticed straight away my clutch pedal was really really soft and struggling to return back up. And the biting point was right at the floor.

Do you guys think this is the Clutch on its way out and needing replaced or could it be some other problem??

Cheers

Try bleeding it first, if it was on it's way out the biting point would be higher up and you'd notice it slipping.

Exactly this. For that doesn't work then look at the slave cylinder before clutch.

Defo check all the lines and the master cylinder and slave cylinder for leaks first.

Get your head under the dash and check around the rubber boot on clutch master cylinder too. Quite often a leak can be found there.

If the hydraulic side is all good then start looking at the clutch itself. But sounds more likely hydraulics.