Best way to de-chrome grill surround?

vtec2011

14 members have voted

1. 1. Best way to de-chrome the grill surround?

• Primered, resprayed and lacquered
    • Carbon wrapped
    • Plasti-dipped

What about giving the chrome trim a rub with wet and dry or something to give the paint something better to stick to?

Thats what i did and the primer stays put, i just did not lacquer it so the black chips off but gonna redo it properly with lacquer 

• 1 month later...

I'm planning of buying a few rattle cans of plastidip in the next few months when money allows so I'll report back when I do

rated for longevity

1 wrapped...some coloured wraps will fade ie reds and yellow, wraps  can be very susceptible to chemicals like wheel cleaner and mark easily (super resin polish is a ***** on plastics and wraps)

2 painted properly, done with an etch primer, 2k/epoxy primer, colour coat and 2k lacquer. Im a painter by trade, and this is what ill be doing.

3/4

plastidip/hairyarsehole(aerosol)

plastidip is a gimmick product not made to last, good for a one off show. itll chip, youll wash your car and the lot will peel.

Aerosol, im still yet to try the 2k aerosols (tins with a seperate hardner) and i presume would last, these are not as cheap as 1k aerosols which are prone to chemicals, chip easily can go back soft with heat...............i hate them.