Just got done speeding last night :(

burbleboy

What an arse, not good when they hide up slip roads. Last week coming down the M6 I was doing 82 when I looked in rear view & said to David " oh sh*t" as a copper comes flying up my ar*e end, I pulled into Middle Lane & he goes flying past doing 85, but that's ok! No blue lights on either.

I'm the worst offender for speeding but still have a clean licence after 18 yrs

Gutted for u mate. I got caught the day I brought my ef they were hiding down a lane in the van, I asked for photo evidence then I get a email saying there recording were all wrong. Which is a polite way of say yeah were hiding where we wasn't ment to be so we let u off lol.. Was lucky I was in the ef because if I was in the M I don't think I would be driving now lol

My dad is a retired policeman, definitely not naming him, but he had a GSXR for a number of years and several times got caught on the wrong end of a radar gun. But the lesson I learnt was that, if you have the balls to challenge them, (little different when your pulled over after they've been following you) if they catch you with a radar gun or a static, they often back down because of two things, 1 they don't have an accurate reading/footage or 2 it works out more expensive/time consuming to follow through.

Needless to say he would've been banned had he not challenged them. He even got away being caught be a static because the nearby vegetation was partly blocking it and they have to be visible for 200 yards .. (Or something around that figure)

• Like 1

Genuinely think this thread has jinxed me! Haven't been pulled over since coming back from Glasgow with my lancer, oct 2012m and get pulled this morning!!

Coming back from dropping my girls off at a drama class, the road is full of the speed humps situated in the middle of the road, lowered cars worst nightmare lol, so I have to go through the middle of them both, copper coming the other way slows right down as I go past, pulls a u'y and then follows for about 2 miles, ha tried some late lane switching to double check and yes he was following me. As I turn into my road, lights come on, gets out walks over 'you got any tax?' Ummm yes!! Turns out my darling 3yr old son had swapped an old disc to the front! Ha. My Q is though, he ran the plates got insurance etc, that would've told him that the car was taxed, why bother follow me for 2 miles!? Ha

Then the comment as he's about to leave, 'she's very low isn't she' ha yes officer :-D

Genuinely think this thread has jinxed me! Haven't been pulled over since coming back from Glasgow with my lancer, oct 2012m and get pulled this morning!!

Coming back from dropping my girls off at a drama class, the road is full of the speed humps situated in the middle of the road, lowered cars worst nightmare lol, so I have to go through the middle of them both, copper coming the other way slows right down as I go past, pulls a u'y and then follows for about 2 miles, ha tried some late lane switching to double check and yes he was following me. As I turn into my road, lights come on, gets out walks over 'you got any tax?' Ummm yes!! Turns out my darling 3yr old son had swapped an old disc to the front! Ha. My Q is though, he ran the plates got insurance etc, that would've told him that the car was taxed, why bother follow me for 2 miles!? Ha

Then the comment as he's about to leave, 'she's very low isn't she' ha yes officer :grin:

What a d**k, honestly must have something more worthwhile to do. :(:rolleyes:

What a d**k, honestly must have something more worthwhile to do. :(:rolleyes:

Exactly. I get the driving past and seeing my tax out of date, but to then run it and find out it's obv a mistake and in fact I do have tax, but to then follow me for 10 minutes!!

• Like 1