Aerocrap VTI from Slovenia

Hakosuka

Loving all the polishing.  Are you just blasting them with a wire brush attachment or something?  Makes me wish I had a workshop/large garage to work in.  Working on the street is a pain in the ar$e!

Loving all the polishing.  Are you just blasting them with a wire brush attachment or something?  Makes me wish I had a workshop/large garage to work in.  Working on the street is a pain in the ar$e!

Yes, I usually just use a wire brush wheel on the drill machine. I then polish with sandpaper and those sandpaper pads to get the real effect. For instance the VTEC solenoid and the engine mount were done only with the pads and sandpaper, the bolts and nuts only with the wire brush wheel.

Yeah, we have a workshop (will make some pics on sunday) that we rent for 300€, but there is 3 of us, so only 100€ a month, which is not that expensive I think. We also have a lot of tools there from the workshop owner.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, a bit more progress.

I started the car after doing the oil, filter, oil pan gasket, thermostat and the spark plugs. Looks OK, no leaks, everything seems to work :)

I replaced the rubber brake hoses for my new shinny HEL braided brake lines, looks much better, just a bit of a PITA to route them.

imag1507.jpg

imag1508.jpg

Note that these are actually MeisterR's, but I have made some FK stickers to pass the inspection :)

imag1509.jpg

Then I also cut off the rear arches, only what is on the inside to prevent rubbing.

imag1511.jpg

Then I finally got the calipers and other stuff from powdercoaters, but I ended up with Cataphoresis :) http://www.grupokataforesis.com/engl/procesos/procesos/ktl.html

This thing looks really good. Only black color though, but looks good and even. It reaches everything, because they are submerged in the "paint".

The best thing about cataphoresis is the price. It's cheap, like REALLY cheap. Almost free actually.

imag1513.jpg

Everything you see in the picture was 5€. Yes, 5€! I was shocked, gave the guy 10€ in the end :) He needed to make plugs for the front calipers, sadly, he couldn't plug the rear ones, so they were not done.

Few close up pics:

imag1514.jpg

imag1515.jpg

imag1516.jpg

This is exactly what I said to him. I don't even get up from the bed for 5€ :D
However, now I have to put the calipers on, bleed the brakes and finally put the superturismos with 195/45 tires on and go for a drive... Tomorrow, we go to Kiskunlachaza in Hungary. A little video from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ursLhU569hk

The bearded motherfxxxer at 3:02 and 4:50 is me, and my car (Shuttle) is at 3:22 :D

• Like 1