Unleaded vs Super Unleaded

feck_on_a_stick

Unleaded vs Super Unleaded  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What fuel do you regularly use?

• Regular Unleaded
    • Super Unleaded

Guest rallyeluke

no doubt you will get a placebo effect just like fitting an induction kit on a car, when in reality it hasn't made any difference or such a tiny difference you would never feel it in real world conditions

no doubt you will get a placebo effect just like fitting an induction kit on a car, when in reality it hasn't made any difference or such a tiny difference you would never feel it in real world conditions

Even if they did make a blind bit of difference you'll never feel 5bhp either way I wouldn't have thought.

Guest rallyeluke

Even if they did make a blind bit of difference you'll never feel 5bhp either way I wouldn't have thought.

exactly.. just added noise.. 

POD Filters Mythbusted

Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted

Mighty Car Mods for the win :) 

Can't see them at work, is that the nutters from Aus?

I remember there being a piece on Fifth Gear about fuel, differences were small on a RR!

Guest rallyeluke

Yeah Moog And Marty ;) the crazy Aussies! they basically totally dispel the myth that cone filters and induction kits have any positive effect and nearly always loose you power. well worth a watch. I want a Dc2 airbox for my Mb6... shame they are so bloody expensive ;( 

I love watching their stuff! Always has me in stitches! 

I've got a DC2 airbox on mine, adds a little induction noise! I used to have the big carbon intake on a previous M but the novelty wore off and it got annoying, plus I reckon I could feel the heatsoak when it was getting warmer outside! 

As much as I love mcm I would like to point out that the test on cold air intakes is inherently flawed, testing it on a car that is sucking air into a massive HOT turbo and then cooling it again in an intercooler is not going to show any change whatsoever

They need to test it again with moogs s2000!

Guest rallyeluke

you just have to watch the episode with the Blue Turd to see a cone filter in NASP setup and how poorly it operated compared to a stock induction setup, there is a industry built up around fleecing young "enthusiasts" out of their hard earned cash, In the real world it is not as black and white as " Cold air means more powaaaa" that is marketing designed to make youngsters justify paying £400 on whatever induction kit the scene says is in vogue at the time.

If you have an MB6 it is clear that the best setup to go for is a DC2 stock air box with a clean filter inside (you only have to look at the stock specific output of a JDM model to know that the air box is more then up to the task of whatever a nasp B18c4 can throw at it)

Guest rallyeluke

As much as I love mcm I would like to point out that the test on cold air intakes is inherently flawed, testing it on a car that is sucking air into a massive HOT turbo and then cooling it again in an intercooler is not going to show any change whatsoever

They need to test it again with moogs s2000!

I don't believe an aftermarket induction setup is going to be better then what honda accomplished with the F20c, it has a Bhp/Litre rating of 118.7, no induction kit is going to improve on that, That airbox was tuned specifically to the resonance and flow of the engine to achieve that incredible class leading figure that still hasn't been beaten by any mass produced accessible car, Ferrari have bettered it but they are hardly in the same league ;) 

I'm not disagreeing with you, im just saying that if mcm were going to make their point properly they should have used an N/A car, it wouldn't have mattered if they were using supercooled air in that skyline it still wouldn't have done anything