SOUND OF NEW F1

DAVEMB2

Might have to watch that lap then before falling asleep for the rest of it. Yawn.

When does touring cars start?

Put it on at bed time, laugh at the crashes then the rest can put you to sleep!
  • Like 1

it is indeed. I see F1 as an event i watch but they are not cars really, not in the sense that we all know cars and BTCC is the best car racing series of the lot IMO. 

• Like 2

it is indeed. I see F1 as an event i watch but they are not cars really, not in the sense that we all know cars and BTCC is the best car racing series of the lot IMO. 

That said a lot of the innovative technology filtering into road cars comes from the F1! Look at the new McLaren P1, lots of F1 stuff went into that car! :)

have promised the boy to go to some races this year - probs head to Croft for BTCC and BSB.

did anyone watch the thing about the history of the British touring cars on ITV 4 - was pretty cool, especially when it got to the era that I really remember with Volvo estates, mondeos, accords etc... you know, when they were cars that you could go touring in, rather than hatches. :)

have promised the boy to go to some races this year - probs head to Croft for BTCC and BSB. did anyone watch the thing about the history of the British touring cars on ITV 4 - was pretty cool, especially when it got to the era that I really remember with Volvo estates, mondeos, accords etc... you know, when they were cars that you could go touring in, rather than hatches. :)

Yes, that was very good, especially watching the relationship between Matt Neal and Jason Plato develop into something special. :lol:

Also interesting that the 850 estates were only used for 1 season but everybody thinks it was much longer, serious impact.

I remember the TOCA Touring cars game with those sort of cars on! 8-)

On the good old PS1. :)

Had that game too, was amazing! I think the car you started outr on was a proton gti or something? Really detailed game at the time, loved it! The new engines in F1 are a huge disappointment for me. Watched the race and did actually fall asleep before the end! Seriously, I did! Eve when the incar cameras are on, there isnt the same sensation as you got with the old engines high pitched screaming. That actually gave you a real feel for how fast they were going. These now ones are so quiet, don't rev worth a fook, and sound so low toned that it reminds me of when they were following the saftey car with the old engines just cruising! TBH, the new ones sound like a bloody diesel compared to the old ones. And when the track cameras are following a car round, even when the car directly passes the camera, you can hardly hear it! Like watching F1 with the mute button on! Deffo has taken away from the excitement, and as good as it was to see the smaller teams up there battling with the big guns, it was very, very boring to watch! Got a feeling this could be the death nail for F1. i was looking forward to it so much to, but just a huge disappointment :roll: