Possible track car project... Opinions??

snakey135

A mate of mine at work has asked if i'd be interested in building a track car with him! He's been in the game for a few years and knows his stuff but I'm just after a few opinions myself really...

When asked what sorta car he's looking into building, i got... Something with a turbo :D ... Lol!!

He's having a look around but can anyone chuck around some ideas for what a decent first learner track car build could base on and maybe a few opinions on where we could go with it???

Would be much appreciated!! :D

200sx. Cheap. Very modifyable. Loads of aftermarket parts available. Great owners club.

I'd go with that, plus you can have a bit of fun with it!

That or an EG/EJ/EK Civic with a D series? Get it handling sweet then stick a blower on it?

You can get cheap 106 gti's strip them. Drop them and stick on a turbo and you have a rocket of a car. A friend of mine has one with a high lift cam, forced induction kit,remap half cage, super sprint catback with decat and dropped on the torsion beam on the back with better shocks and springs all round. It handles like a go kart and shifts really well. Think all in its only cost him 3k inc buying the car.

• Like 1

MX5 with a turbo conversion, there's a few out there ready converted or doing the conversion is fairly straight forward I believe. Great trackday car.

Are you seriously CA18ing a MGB? Mental! Statrt a projector thread for that in 'other cars'!

:o What a beast!!

Yep sure am it use to have a v8 with about 300bhp which i broke lol so the sx is giving up her 300bhp motor then ist getting forged n taken to 500bhp wen i get a chance too clear out the garage ill get some pictures

• Like 1