Dougies 2-Tone sicilian/pirate MB6

Dougie

A combination of someone pulling out in front of me when there wasn't really enough space and me not reacting quick enough, I was in a bit of the town I didn't know so I was trying to get my bearings, I might have been able to stop quicker if that wasn't the case but the stupid cow should have waited till I was past anyway.

• 1 month later...

Update time!

right so here's the damage after the accident

S9P3A5f.jpg

5xhoAYy.jpg

first step was to dismantle the front of the car to see how bad it was underneath

luckily it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked to begin with and i managed to bend a lot of the sheet metal back to more or less the right shape by hand

IXjr4Ng.jpg

i decided that i was going to need:

Slam Panel

Crash Bar

Headlights

Bonnet

the bumper although scuffed and tatty looking was still servicable for the moment and I will replace it at some point but right now I am focusing on Function over form so it doesnt need to look pretty ;)

so the first bit to arrive was the crash bar (thanks very much to James Hall for that one!)

03lqu20.jpg

shortly followed by the slam panel (thanks very much to @10000rpm )

and a bonnet and headlights from Unit6 Spares in perth

TKTPbkg.jpg

(freshly jetwashed)

the headlighys while in good nick were very cloudy so i decided to split them and use the lenses from the old headlights which were still in one piece (the back of the headlights were all smashed) and while i was in there i got out some sandpaper and black spray paint ;)

gQ3K7H4.jpg

(finished :) )

so now that i had all the bits it was time to put it all together, first step was getting the old slam panel off, which was harder than i thought it would be as there were a few more spotwelds than i realised.

but eventually it came off

y4q92aq.jpg

the offending article

7EPiM6l.jpg

on goes the new one!

cI1cLqY.jpg

Then the new bonnet

oD4T3Wk.jpg

Then the headlights, crashbar and the old scruffy bumper

MG1P4yQ.jpg

I need to take the bumper off and adjust the crashbar at some point as it isn't sitting quite right but for the moment its working :)

I did take the grill off the old bonnet but its a bit smashed around the mountings, i might be able to fix it at some point but ill probably just get a new one but for the moment I'm just leaving it off :P

kkmAQNc.jpg

Thanks again to the folk who sent me parts :)

stay tuned for next months Big Brake Overhaul!  (and a little upgrade that will be a surprise ;) )

Bloody hell mate! You bump yours the a few days later I punch Roxy on the nose, just to make u feel better! Lol glad you got her fixed mate, done a good job of it!

Same as Maz has just said mate, sorry to hear about the accident, I had nearly exactly the same thing happen to me the other day. But great job on getting her fixed up and road worthy again!