Clutch Issue

skymera

Mine is quite a change! 

I was thinking in particular of the uphill one you did with added giggle, crossover is mental on that one. I've been trying to replicate it on mine, not happening. :(

• 4 weeks later...

I think 3rd is near 100mph and 4th is near 120 from memory.

Out of interest, I've worked out that I'd need to change up from 4th at pretty much 110, and the effective ratio with the longer 5th and fd I've got is only a few rpms lower than the s9b 5th is.

So you can get an idea of the rev drop.

I was thinking in particular of the uphill one you did with added giggle, crossover is mental on that one. I've been trying to replicate it on mine, not happening. :(

Replicate the giggle? :lol:

Out of interest, I've worked out that I'd need to change up from 4th at pretty much 110, and the effective ratio with the longer 5th and fd I've got is only a few rpms lower than the s9b 5th is.

So you can get an idea of the rev drop.

Doesn't sound too bad then, does it still pull okay in 5th then or is it a bit sluggish?

Generally 5th is fine - pretty much the same as before to be honest. The main thing I've noticed is i can do 60 at a touch under 3k, where before it was around 56 at 3k.

• Like 1

Generally 5th is fine - pretty much the same as before to be honest. The main thing I've noticed is i can do 60 at a touch under 3k, where before it was around 56 at 3k.

Nice! Only problem now is that site in the US now won't ship to the UK :(

Thats not a massive difference on fith .. Mine sits at 3500 @ 65 ..

But with the added acceleration lower down, yours would be a much better set up :)

And lets be honest, how many times are we still hooning in 5th?!

• Like 1

Just thinking would be easier buying an S80 and just swapping the 5th gear? Could get the box reconditioned without the car being off the road too so the idea being you'd know it was a good box by the time it finds its way into the car.