Spark plugs and leads

marv

I noticed quite a difference changing to Magnecor leads! But the ones I took of had signs of mould appearing, must have been old!

Magnecors are most definitely on my to do list ! !

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using oem leads at the moment but magnicores are on my list, ive got standard copper ngk ' s I have heard really bad things about iridium plugs apparently if they f**k up they can do serious damage to the engine

Ive heard the same Doug, but am yet to actually see a friend/someone i know that has had it happen

Chances are that the plugs were probably way overdue a change or there is an underlying problem if they can get into a state where they fall apart!

Ive heard the same Doug, but am yet to actually see a friend/someone i know that has had it happen

Chances are that the plugs were probably way overdue a change or there is an underlying problem if they can get into a state where they fall apart!

x2, I've not seen/heard of it happening and like Krzys says I'd imagine there'd be a good reason for them falling to pieces. 

There are a fair few of us on here with iridium plugs. If they were all that bad, it would have happened to one of us!

That's what made me think about underlying problems! I've personally never heard of it happening, certainly not to anyone I know anyway!

I could have sworn I read about the risks in someone's build thread on here, was ages ago though so I might be wrong

I could have sworn I read about the risks in someone's build thread on here, was ages ago though so I might be wrong

You probably did, I remember reading it but it was only one person saying it and like Tom says quite a few of us have them and no problems so far.

• Like 1

You probably did, I remember reading it but it was only one person saying it and like Tom says quite a few of us have them and no problems so far.

Trouble is one bad review will carry more weight than ten good reviews! 

Would anyone mind linking to the plugs and leads they use? Just so others know what's been tried and tested already. :)