Lacquer

simpo

Ok as some of you know I am painting a lip.

When I lacquer it

1.do I let the paint dry and then lacquer

2.lacquer while the paint is still tacky

laquer when the paint is still tacky!! most people make this mistake, the laquer will be part of the paint, which will  give a better finish and last longer

laquer when the paint is still tacky!! most people make this mistake, the laquer will be part of the paint, which will  give a better finish and last longer

Really? Are you not supposed to rub it down first though?

In practice it's always best to wait the appropriate drying time before applying the lacquer. Applying it before it cures means that the base won't properly harden, which will result in poor adhesion and more prone to chips and cracking. In theory, it does sound like the lacquer will stick better to a tacky base, but it won't last quite as long. Wet drying your colour coat before applying the lacquer will result in a much better finish, just make sure that the panel is completely dry before the lacquer goes on. ;-)

Best person to talk to is Rich (civicturbo79) or contact him through Dynodaze. 8-)