P72 ECU Help

Farlow

Morning guys, I'm looking to run a P72 ecu in my deck. As far as I am aware this would give me a more aggressive map in standard form and the ability to chip and map it further down the line ?

I've managed to find out how to fit one and which pins to solder but I was wondering which P72 I should use. I've come across a few with different numbers after the P72 part of the code but I'm not sure what the differences are (if any).

Does anyone have any experience with these ecu's.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hmmm, hadn't really thought about the speed limiter lol. Not that I'm worried, 112mph is plenty fast enough for now. The only reason I ask is that there is a cheap ecu on eBay but it's from a JDM sir-g, still a p72 but with 012 code. I can't seem to find any info on this car or it's ecu so I guess I'm just gonna have to pass. I don't want to buy only to find that it's no good.

Yeah there are obd2 p72s aswell. Don't buy one of those. The plugs don't fit and you can't chip it.

You need an early obd1 style p72

Although you still need to trim the sockets for the plugs to fit.

Yeah I kinda just figured that out. I think I'm just gonna get one imported from the states. It's more money but at least I know what I'm getting and the results are well documented. Thanks for the help though.