Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

It's not 'comfortable' but it's not 'harsh', it's inbetween. It rides fairly compliant but it is stiffer than standard and it feels way more stable on the move, no body roll at all it feels darty and 'fun', I recommend them over the eibach EP3s I've ridden in!

If I do go down the route of suspension I'll probably go straight for Meister R so I can have a choice of how hard I have it but this is good info! :D

• Like 1

If I do go down the route of suspension I'll probably go straight for Meister R so I can have a choice of how hard I have it but this is good info! :D

I was gonna go down the HSD route for suspension but I wanted lows after seeing Rojs car and I wanted it to look/handle good for show season, as well as me being tired of looking at the arch gap. Also didn't have the £750 needed to get these coilovers and I don't really do finance too!

Such a scene kid. :P

Atleast I never had a big towhook fashion accessory on my ca- oh.

I wish I was still a kid :lol:

You drive an EP3, it makes you feel 17 all over again!

True! :D

I don't mind how mine looks at standard height, certainly seen worse on a standard car!

True! I have seen worse tbh! Also got the car aligned today so all my jobs except cleaning it, for Mimms are done. In love with how this drives now and the alignment was well out because I'd lowered it, even though I got it aligned last year, happy Shafz. Pics when clean tomorrow (hopefully)

I bet without fitting the springs the alignment would have helped after a year! :)

Bet it feels like its on rails now its all straight and true! 

Uuuupdate!

Drove to Leicester on Friday for the start of the 'Furious Mimms Weekend' as we put it. Arrived in Leicester to be greeted by this beauty on @Sorivity driveway:

Arrived%20at%20Andys_zpspidsdbc2.jpg

I know right, isn't that clio an absolute stunner! The S14a that boxes it in isn't too bad either I suppose.

We started sorting out Sorivity/Andys car on the Friday, and the Saturday but I'll let him update that in his thread. Everyone then cleaned their cars (thanks again Andy for cleaning mine! Appreciate it a lot man), watched Fast 7, then once everyones cars were looking presentable we went for a photoshoot. Props to our mate Richard for the pictures.

squadddd_zps9ygryffy.jpgP4040009_zpsdfic1pek.jpg

P4040032_zps8bfzafoq.jpg

^ Andy your car looks amazing in that pic

P4040063_zpsqu8dxdim.jpg

My favourite shot of my car from that evening. Werewolf, full moon. ^

Arrived%20at%20mimms%20meeting%20point_z

^ The next morning me and @Roj set off for the Mimms meeting point, we somehow did a 50 minute journey in 31 minutes including a 5 minute fuel stop.. Somehow. Amazing convoy.

civic5%20mimms%20line%20up%20meet_zpsawo

^ Then we were joined by everyone else, and some random EPcivic people.

civic5%20mimms%20aerial%20shot_zpsqa3iss

civic5%20mimms_zpsbfa3thcr.jpg

^ Mimms!

Had a good day out at Mimms, a lot more variety than I was expecting, and was nice meeting you all and seeing your cars as well as watching @UnicyclingTom and @Krzys battle it out on track!

Post Mimms, well when driving back to Leicester for a quick rest before driving back home after Mimms my car started making a familiar noise. A noise I'd heard before when my downpipe springbolt had snapped. Oops. I drove it the 130 or so miles back home and then yesterday at work put it on the ramp and surprise surprise..

b69e4c08-0350-4597-af6f-e7bb2ff51214_zps

0dee5a0b-2bd3-4dc3-b105-dc154bb455ff_zps

Luckily I had a spring bolt spare from when the OTHER one went, in hindsight I should've changed both at the same time, but oh well, sorted now and car sounds as it should.. or does it?

After hearing Krzys EP3 at Mimms I've been wanting that intake noise, so with help from Krzys on what to order (thanks again!) I've ordered the S2000 intake setup he's currently running. Will it heatsoak in London traffic? Probably. Will I care with THAT intake noise? Probably not.

But yeah that's the update for now!

• Like 2