Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Logical! Forgot how many more options there are for aftermarket parts, too used to the M having almost nothing :lol:

Still not as much as an EK though but a fairly good amount of aftermarket support for a UK civic I agree!

Man getting Teins because scene points. :P

Yeah the cool sticker that comes with them justifies most of the asking price tbh :P

Done the gearbox mount today, sorted, have to remove fan to gain access to the third bolt though so that's a top tip, not having A/C made this job 1000x easier.

Done the rocker cover gasket kit with new spark plug tubes and washers.. and changed the spark plugs finally. 

But the main thing, did the valve clearances and WOW.

1. They were quite loose as Honda recommends them doing every 75k and mine's at 107k and had never been done. 

2. The car now feels A LOT more responsive and 'alive', the pull through the powerband is way smoother and it sounds better.

3. VTEC KICKS IN HARDER YO - Definitely more noticable top end power, that 25-30mph pull against traffic is critical in London.

Nice one! Amazing what maintenance can do if it's been neglected by the previous owner! :)

Was your mount ready for changing then? Has it made much difference?

• Like 1

Nice one! Amazing what maintenance can do if it's been neglected by the previous owner! :)

Was your mount ready for changing then? Has it made much difference?

Erm, when I got the clutch changed lets just say I started doing 1st to 2nd shifts a lot more.. vigorously? And because rainsports have so much grip, the tyres don't allow it to chirp 2nd gear like an MB6 does, more like leap into the next gear with traction, all the stress had cracked the gearbox mount and the inner mounting bush had split.. Oops.

Gearshifts do feel a lot better now as the mount and bush were the original ones so again, on 107k. 

And yeah, slowly fixing everything up on it to be better than it's ever been. I want it to be the very best like no one ever was.

Exhausts done, clutch done, airbox done, valve clearances done, mounts done, rad done, driveshafts done. Basically no mechanical area has been left untouched now haha!

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with upgrading whilst replacing! :)

That's probably how mine will be, change stuff as it needs doing rather than replacing serviceable items.

• Like 1