Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Yeah they are great out of the box, my older brother had an EP3 which I used to drive every now and then, easy to pot about in but fun when you want it!

• Like 1

After I get my catback and brakes done this week, I plan to save for eibach Pro kit for a subtle drop (only drops EP3 25/15mm) and then save up for an RBC inlet manifold and K100 ECU, that alone should bring it to the 230bhp mark when mapped with way more power mid range, as the one thing I miss from the BMW is the lazy torque (gone from 184lbft at 3k, to 142lbft at 6k)

Yeah, the K20 is a wonderful engine but unlike the B, most of its support is stateside, as the K20A2 was both in their common RSX type-S and their Civic Si. It's a shame shipping ruins things as bolt ons are so cheap in the USA compared to here, £210 for an intake for an EP3!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, a bit annoyed at the moment as I think the seller of the halfshaft I bought is messing me about, when I booked a slot in the garage today to get it fitted. I paid them last thursday and they said they'd dispatch Friday, they didn't so I cancelled my Monday/Tuesday slot at the garage and they told me they sent it on Monday... it's now Thursday and no sign, also no tracking. So my car is booked in today for 4 new discs and pads, catback exhaust and a halfshaft, and I have no halfshaft. It makes sense for me to wait for it as the discs will have to come off to do the halfshaft anyway.. but getting really annoyed now as this is time off I've taken too.

12.50pm and the driveshaft still hasn't come, that's my slot at the garage missed. Exhaust is enroute though but if the driveshaft/halfshaft doesn't arrive tomorrow I'm opening a dispute and getting my money back

• Like 1

No sign of the driveshaft today, hopefully it comes tomorrow, however this did arrive, I shall open it properly later.

c1caa68c-2c64-47c1-80c8-bea0633dbeca_zps

7099a314-ab1a-4e22-9fbe-bef7f3238ecd_zps

3ff5e45c-428b-464d-b085-cbdc5e46ca71_zps

M2 angled 2.5" catback exhaust system, basically a replica of the buddy club pro spec 3, can't wait for Monday now!

• Like 1