Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Wow that tail pipe is massive! :o

I read it's the b-pipe that is the most restrictive part, is that a de-resonated b-pipe?

4" Exit haha, yeah the stock B pipe is tiny, but I've got believe it or not the silenced midpipe.. and it sounds like that. I know right.

Looks nice mate. I didn't think i would like mine as much as my MB6 but after a few weeks i don't miss it. I like the fact you can drive this like a granny and its happy or drive like a loon! I couldn't drive my MB6 slow easily for some reason.

I keep toying with the idea of changing the headlights for facelifts but cant be arsed with the wiring so may get some 4300k HIDs and see what they are like. Talking of headlights get some silvatec bulbs to replace the massive and horrible indicators bulbs such an improvement!

• Like 1

Looks nice mate. I didn't think i would like mine as much as my MB6 but after a few weeks i don't miss it. I like the fact you can drive this like a granny and its happy or drive like a loon! I couldn't drive my MB6 slow easily for some reason.

I keep toying with the idea of changing the headlights for facelifts but cant be arsed with the wiring so may get some 4300k HIDs and see what they are like. Talking of headlights get some silvatec bulbs to replace the massive and horrible indicators bulbs such an improvement!

You have one of these too? Wonderful cars aren't they, tame when commuting but go like a stabbed rat when you're on it, having owned both which one is actually quicker in the real world?

Yeah I've been offered facelift headlights cheap but I'm a bit tight on money atm so will be getting them another time, and good call on the silvatecs I'll get some after my Hekos!

You have one of these too? Wonderful cars aren't they, tame when commuting but go like a stabbed rat when you're on it, having owned both which one is actually quicker in the real world?

Yeah I've been offered facelift headlights cheap but I'm a bit tight on money atm so will be getting them another time, and good call on the silvatecs I'll get some after my Hekos!

I have had mine for 6 months its a 53 plate pre in Satin Silver, i think if you are talking about off the lights then the EP3 as the short ratio box is brilliant. Top end im not sure, not really pushed mine like a mad man yet!

How cheap is cheap? I found a set for £80 at one point, wish i just bought them tbh. 

Top end my EP3 pulls harder than my 325i, which pulled harder than @Roj MB6.. not that we know how we know that ofcourse, ahem. and ah I was gonna get silver but I'd always wanted a nighthawk non AC if preface, Cosmic if facelift.

I have a mate who had an 05 EP3 that got rear ended so he's offering me the headlights for mates rates ;)

Sounds pretty nice mate! Quite loud but i dont think you can appreciate it very well in a vid !

Did you get the shaft sorted too?

In terms of real work speed, theres not a lot in it between the MB/MC & EP3 i dont think .. The shorter box has its advantages and disadvantages .. IE coming off a round about in 2nd in the ep your already at 6k and right on vtec .. Where as with the s9b your futher down and have to wait .. But at the same time, the EP will change sooner on the straight allowing the mb/mc to catch back up ..

I highly doubt there would be a lot in it with comparative drivers and a track ;-)

• Like 1

After having my PB MB6 i got fed up of black cars, and didnt want a red one so silver was the only option unless i went for a JDM one at twice the price! Agreed if a facelift i would have went for Cosmic Grey.

Ah right fair enough!

Sounds pretty nice mate! Quite loud but i dont think you can appreciate it very well in a vid !

Did you get the shaft sorted too?

In terms of real work speed, theres not a lot in it between the MB/MC & EP3 i dont think .. The shorter box has its advantages and disadvantages .. IE coming off a round about in 2nd in the ep your already at 6k and right on vtec .. Where as with the s9b your futher down and have to wait .. But at the same time, the EP will change sooner on the straight allowing the mb/mc to catch back up ..

I highly doubt there would be a lot in it with comparative drivers and a track :wink:

We will have to try to arrange track time at shows with both for a friendly comparison!