Beasts Honda Civic 1.8 VTiS MB6 (Previously Nicks)

beastgtir

Hello chaps, thought I'd get a thread up on here.

Am sure most of you know the car, was owned by nick previously.

Anyhow, this car turned out to be a nightmare. I've been a civic5 member for a long time but very inactive. However one night I decided to browse to see if there was any builds or anything interesting. Came across nicks thread for the car as I've always had a nose through his project thread to find it was for sale. Done a deal with Sue for a really good price. Left a deposit and arranged to collect it. Unexpectedly, it turned out to be further away then I presumed almost 200 miles! The sunday came and awaited my friend to arrive at mine so we can set off.. No response so thought he might have been busy, anyway looked at my phone only to realise the damn thing was off. Epic Fail.

Anyway, as I was busy for the foreseeable future I arranged for one of my mates with a recovery to collect it. Was a swift journey back and arrived late night last week. Driving it off the truck and the centre pipe kept catching the body of the truck, after 20 minutes or so I finally had a brain wave of sticking a plank of wood below the bend by the rear wheel which should push it high enough. Finally got it off the truck. It sat for a few days as it had no insurance or tax at the time.

So this week I got it taxed, insured and started driving. Gave it an obligatory hand polish.

Bought a few mods for it.

Skunk 2 rep gearknob. fitted

Momo DC2 wheel, awaiting arrival

Spoon rep socks, awaiting arrival

Climair front wind deflectors, awaiting arrival

Had a low tyre so went to my mates tyre place to get it checked out. The tyre had a bobble in the sidewall. It was a fairly recent tyre aswell. Gutted, so got a pair of 195-45-16 yokohama s-drives fitted. £138 for the pair supplied and fitted/balanced etc.

Driving along the motorway to Mansfield, one arch guard came loose and decided to split ways with the civic. On the way back, the drivers side decided to do the same thing GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..

When I got the car, I noticed the clutch was really high compared to my other vtis. On the slip road building up some speed to join the motorway, it was slipping under load in higher gears. cry.gif1

So I've purchased an exedy clutch oem replacement 3 piece clutch. Got it for a really good price too! Wont be getting this fitted for a few weeks as I'm going away on holiday in just over two weeks. Then want to get some arch shields and the front lip sprayed and do all the work at the same time.

Gutting as my other MB6 didn't need anything spent on it at all in a year and half!

Fitted the Skunk 2 Rep gearknob, weight and quality was good. Feels a lot better then the chunky vtis late spec gearknob. Writing is not 100 per cent centred but its livable for £13.95 delivered.

Got a few plans for it but most will be after the new year as super busy period coming up with work!

Few pics.

94c0e90441c97523e1e2_1.jpg

94c0e90441c97523e1e2_2.jpg

94c0e90441c97523e1e2_3.jpg

94c0e90441c97523e1e2_4.jpg

94c0e90441c97523e1e2_5.jpg

94c0e90441c97523e1e2_6.jpg

• Like 1

Nice to see a seperate thread up mate ..

And nice to see the car gone to caring home .. Shite about the couple of issues, but at least they're only minor .. Only thing i can think of is maybe when Nick sprayed the lip, he never got round to putting the sheilds back in properly ..

Clutches are unfotunately consumable and if you hadnt already got one i'd recomend Naz .. Im sure it was £150 for an exedy he was doing ..

Anyways, glad the old girl is ok and in good hands :)

Guest jimbob738

My brothers arch guards did the same he didn't fasten them back after messing with something, they went bye bye too on the M1, why you up in Mansfield?

I work 10 mins from that place some special kinda folks up this way.

Went with a friend to buy a Renault Megane Sport F1.

Well after a long delay, shockingly my bargain £60 delivered DC2 Momo steering has turned up. Was missing a cover on the rear, was dreading the price from Honda but managed to find it for £7.50 plus the vat..

My clutch has arrived too, Exedy Europe too!

Spoon socks are here too and a friend is doing some smoked headlights for me so a few updates coming up over the weekend!