Hatch V's Deck (rover v's cargo ship)

burbleboy

MB6 Vs MC2  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Hatch or Deck

• MB6
    • MC2

I thought i would just start a wee thread to take our banter away from Simpo's thread as he is trying to sell his car and it is being hijacked!

After a few of my comments regarding Decks, i would just like to say that i don't hate them, just think they have been designed by a primary skool kid! WACK11111  rlol.gif1

To the point, hatches are lighter, look better and are generally better!!!!!

• Like 2

Gr8 idea dude lol I love both but the reason i bouught a deck is is way more practical and they dont look as much like rovers (DON UR FLAT CAP) the weight is more agreed but this can be shed off n the styling is a nicer shape as estates are now cool lol

Lol from the side n back is the best view as its unique n with the vtis kit n mid spoiler is miles from the generic rear of the saloon

Aaaah you see, you have to add things on to make it aesthetically pleasing for other motorists to tolerate you all! :)

Hatch is pretty, straight from factory, esp the VTi-S!

lol yeah, there's a hella lot of decks here now! I can remember for almost the first year this forum was running we only had one deck........Dawns Deck! Was a novelty when the second, then third deck arrived!

Having had both, I'm kinda stuck with which I prefer style wise. I think the hatch is great, and can be made to look the nuts with a few simple mods. The decks, imo, are one of the nicest looking estate cars there is. I think Honda played it clever with the style of the deck, by keeping the size down instead of lopping a huge back end on there. The decks style and size make it look classy, but again, with some choice mods they can also be made to look quite evil!

Driving wise, driven the hatch VTi and been in a VTi deck, and tbh, the decks extra inches don't seem to make that much of a difference, which I thought it would. Both the VTi's were standard at the time. I fitted MeisterR's to the MB6 and it was like night and day. Handling was immense! I've since fitted them to the deck, and again, like night and day compared to standard. I know how well Ruby handled, but have only once kinda given the deck a good try out on the coast road. Dougie I think will confirm, the deck is handling sweet as! I'd even say it's on par with Ruby now. Which is something, seeing as the deck has no rear ARB (these in my opinion are well over rated!) and she's on 16' rims as opposed to Rubys 15' rims. Those two points alone would maybe suggest that the hatch would have way better handling, but it doesn't! Honestly, DD is so well planted it actually feels like driving Ruby!

Sooooooo, which, when given an ultimatum, do I prefer???  Honestly, it's close, but have to say the deck!

• Like 1

I sense an experament comming....

I Don't know about our cars but generally estate versions of cars are faster in a strait line than the saloon or hatch versions as the shape is better aerodynamically (assuming both cars are stock or identical mods of course)

So who's going to have a race?

FOR SCIENCE!