O/S/R Caliper. Assistance req'd

burbleboy

Yes indeed, the calipers are sh*t!

Does anyone know if this will fit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121404503337?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Speaking to @Dave yesterday on xbox, he had mentioned that he had been supplied the wrong rear caliper for Ruby and that the caliper was almost identical to old one? Any thoughts if there IS a difference between models?

We do list rover 400/MG here: http://civic5.com/forum/topic/199-helpful-list-of-mbmc-parts/ but was wondering if there is any slight differences anyone knows about?

p.s I have already ordered x2 feckin Pagid calipers from Eurocar Parts and both been returned due to not being able to get a decent pedal after bleeding 5/6 times. But once I fitted old duff caliper back on, i have a decent pedal! Weird stuff. I am not after a Pagid caliper hence looking at MG stuff.

Got full refund from Eurocar parts and then emailed Pentland Components. They emailed me quick and had a great price! I also priced one from Dingbro and they were the same with my trade discount so went with them. Its right across the road from my work so saves me petrol money than going into Edinburgh to Pentland!

Intrestingly, Dingbro said Pagid used to be a good make until they sold the name rights and now any old crap is being churned out under Pagids name. He said the motorsport section is still genuine Pagid but customer components are hit or miss. That would explain all the crap calipers that can't bleed properly.

He ordered a TSW caliper (which i think was original to my car) so that should be sorted once and for all.

Caliper saga was getting me down, can now change calipers blindfolded :(

Thanks @Dave for info

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this would be any good please? I've scrapped the idea of selling the car and will instead try to fix it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370982661447?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It says they're for the 260mm rear discs which mine is (Year 2000) and I've heard they're the same as the MG-ZS?

I don't know who makes my caliper at the minute, Not got round to looking although according to Eurocarparts it should be Lucas too?

Cheers