Still have the same starting issue

vtec2011

Well I'm fitting another distributor sometime after work and see how that goes. But then I won't know this till tomorrow morning.

Sounds like the immobilizer is another problem. I'm hoping there is a way of bypassing the factory immobilizer because I would like to install another aftermarket alarm system with remote locking :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything all fitted and guess what... still the same thing occurring. The green key light flashes straight away and then when the engine does crank, it doesn't start but then it eventually does start when I keep trying. 

I got someone coming into look at my car tomorrow at work. He's an mobile electrician who's pretty much got every diagnostic plug-in there is (apparently) haha

Everything all fitted and guess what... still the same thing occurring. The green key light flashes straight away and then when the engine does crank, it doesn't start but then it eventually does start when I keep trying. 

I got someone coming into look at my car tomorrow at work. He's an mobile electrician who's pretty much got every diagnostic plug-in there is (apparently) haha

If it's the immobiliser then changing ignition parts won't make any difference until it's fixed.

If it's the immobiliser then changing ignition parts won't make any difference until it's fixed.

There is a problem with the ignition system too. Before the immobilizer was playing up, I had trouble starting the car. 

Sods law both are going wrong at the same time haha

Could you not bypass the immobilser just to see if it'd work?

I want to get rid of the factory immobilizer but I'm not sure how to bypass it. I'm still waiting on the mobile electriction to come have a look at it

The problem has just got worse in the cold frosty mornings.. I got up 1 hour earlier for work this morning to get my car started and it was impossible. The same green flashing light appears and there is absolutely nothing I can do. I was lucky to get a lift into work (late again) and boss man wasn't impressed... 

The mobile electrician suppose to come look at my car last week and since then he haven't been answering his phone... 

Just been out to start the car now and it fired up straight away. But I know the car won't start tomorrow morning.

Now, does anyone know where the immobilizer is located? Many thanks :)

So i think there's part of the immobiliser in the ecu, and part in the receiver for the transceiver for the key... I went through s bad patch with it a few weeks ago, where it was just flashing.. Sometimes it would be better if i took the key out and turned it around, but then u noticed that if i pushed the key in quite firm it's been fine since :)

Yes I have just found out the immobilizer is built into the ECU. I have just thought of something..... I have replaced the ignition barrel about 5 or 6 months ago because the original one was worn. But when I use the new key with the new ignition barrel, obviously the immobilizer won't recognize the new key. So I wrapped the old original key to the ring receiver so the immobilizer can recognize it and start the car.

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS EARLIER?!! That could be the issue!