Sorivity's 200sx S14a Kouki

Sorivity

Okay

The past few weeks have been a bit crap to be honest, i almost fell out of love with the car i think and was on the verge of beginning to question myself about the wheels id bought

after all the complications i'd had with the wheel the following happened;

my 15MM spacers from tegiwa turned up, the were a 63PCD instead of the 66PCD that i required.

the ally wheel nuts i got from epic have basically shredded themselves on the passenger front hub because they were off/on so much when adjusting coilys

they left a small metal strip inside the thread of my hubs, and i then proceeded to put a set of spline nuts over them. so f**ked the spline ones too. (5 of them) :(!

Tegiwa managed to get me a 66PCD set of 15mm hubcentrics delivered the following day, i was told they were gunna be delivered on the monday (the guy even offered to take a set to his house in derby so i could pick them up!) A++++ service on that

okay. go to fit my spacers...

IMG-20150417-WA0004_zpswtubjthf.jpg

nope. wasnt simple, never is!

The hub centric spacers exceeded the original studs. so...... ANGLE GRINDERRRR!! (first time using one might i add!)

put a washer and the spacer nut on the hub to mimic how everything would sit

IMG-20150418-WA0001_zpsvqnngpv1.jpg

proceeded to cut off my studs. hands down the scariest thing ive done on a car. dad filming me from the garage was a little off putting

IMG_20150418_1507201_zpstdkqh7pp.jpg

IMG-20150418-WA0014_zpseyra2den.jpg

IMG-20150418-WA0026_zpskgu9fnwb.jpg

IMG-20150418-WA0014_zpseyra2den.jpg

SUCCESS! finally something that went right

WRONG.

after a few days i started getting a weird noise from the driver front..

posted on SXOC

talking to the lads in our group chat

was convinced it was my wheels rubbing on coilovers again so was under the car at 8pm after a 12 hr shift at work. nope. not the coilovers

was suggested balljoints.

went past the garage on wednesday and spoke to a good friend of mine

'your wheels aint tight mate'

went absolutely beetroot red in the face!

got home 5 mins later, jacked up driver side front and low and behind my spacer wasnt tight, tightened it up and all good! no noise!!

now...

nobody knows this...

@Shafzzz @Roj

on the way back from dropping my girlfriend off this morn, hit about 70ish on country road and started getting a weird rubbing noise from PASSENGER front. pulled over at nearest layby

jacked the car up and tightened everything on that hub. didnt hit that speed again so cant tell if everything is okay yet

but im 100% hoping everything is okay now..

its a shame its took so much work, because when i bought my GT3's for my EJ it literally bolted on no problem at all, seems that ive had every possible problem that could have happened has happened.

but... fingers crossed everything's ok

girlfriend says no

IMG-20150419-WA0023_zpsugv8itos.jpg

fitment pretty much perfect on the front now :)

IMG-20150419-WA0031_zpsrqowwlox.jpg

literally as i am about to press 'post', step mum walked in with another delivery of my amber sidelight bulbs, orderes thurs nught, turned up sat AM, cost me £2 DELIVERED.

AWESOME!!

until next time!!

• Like 1

Probably just needs the other side tightened, makes sense as you tightened one.. that's if it's the same kind of noise?

Glad you're slowly getting this sorted, it's just punishment you see for leaving the Honda scene to buy a boat/mondeo. :lol:

• Like 1

i know man. part of me was wishing i got another teg or saved for a K-EG, but its just the way it looks man looks so innocent but so mean at the same time

tomorrow morn gunna jack up the whole front end and tighten everything up, was kinda hard by myself because the hub was just spinning lol need someone to sit on the footbreak

Bit of a saga then! A torque wrench would be your best mate about now to make sure the nuts are tight! I killed an ally bolt the first time it went near a wheel! Never again!

Get some more pictures up, that first one looks awesome you tease!

@Roj just put my amber side bulbs in no problem!! ;)

@Krzys i will get a few snaps tomorrow, the car is covered in dust thanks to the skip yard i work next to :( car isnt looking that spectacular at the mo, got to get another set of spline nuts due to the fact ive b****red 5 of them, so havent put them on the rear yet. but thats for another pay day

• 2 weeks later...