Roj's 90's Rasta-spec E36 328i

Roj

The auto box really suits the car and is a pretty good box tbh, but the fact it can't be dyno'd is cause it'll try downshift if you boot it in 4th (the gear required for dyno) at low revs, but I've been in this and his MB6 and from about 40mph onwards this thing is quicker ;)

I think it is possible to hold it in gear for a dyno, probably something I should ask an E36 owners club about.

Only reason I got an automatic is because a manual 328i would've cost about 3x as much! Also BMW autoboxes are actually nice. :P

I suppose with it replacing the MB3 it's pretty good really! I think you can dyno them but it's tricky with the kickdown etc.

But my guess is you won't exactly be going for power in this, a few "VIP" mods would really make it look the part! 

It already makes somewhere in the region of 190bhp anyway so it's not really in need of more power yet. First things I want to do is get some angel eyes on it and sort some of the bodywork out.

• Like 1