Meister R Setup? (spring rate etc)

burbleboy

BTW which way does the preload adjust the ride height? Is it so that with less preload i get lower ride height? Gonna work on it pretty soon so thought i'd ask first, there gonna be enough trial & error anyway...  :-D

Another question, how high is too high? The little peephole (mine's BC but i'm pretty sure Meister is the same) let's me see when the there's no more thread left. My instruction booklet is hidden somewhere in boxes (moving house at the mo) so can't remember what was the recommendation? On other words was it so that:

a ) as long as you see some thread you're ok

b ) as soon as you see the thread is running out you're going too high

This is where i'd like to set it for now because track day. It's EG6 spec so otherwise it sits super low in the back. Whaddaya think??

IMG_2994.jpg

I can't remember if the Meister has the same peep hole, but the more preload you add the lower the ride height will get so you'll need to raise it on the other locking collar to compensate if you don't want to lower it.

I would say try 10mm of preload, that's what I read is the happy medium for road and track use.

• Like 1

Meister R have the peep hole. I try to leave some visible thread showing through as that's what I assume the peep hole is for.

Meister R have the peep hole. I try to leave some visible thread showing through as that's what I assume the peep hole is for.

So do you think i have it too high looking at the picture?

So do you think i have it too high looking at the picture?

Nope, mine were like that and I had no issues. I wouldn't go any higher than that though.

• Like 1

but the more preload you add the lower the ride height will get

Started thinking that why does it affect ride height? Isn't the ride height based on how long or short you set the whole unit by threading it into the lower collar? I guess setting the spring stiffer might adjust the height a bit, but in that case shouldn't it sit higher when the springs are stiffened up?

If you adjust the two nuts under the spring upwards (tightning the spring) that will stiffen he preload AND lower it at the same time. The bottom nut is to adjust the ride height properly. But using the spring nuts can affect ride height also.