K24 EP3

beastgtir

From what I've researched, a pre-face lift head is better for this swap as there are some differences.

heres a quick blurb from the skunk 2 valve springs/retainers

Please note: When using Skunk2 Titanium Retainers on 2004 and newer engines, pre-2004 keepers (cotters) must be used (Honda P/N 14781-PR7-A01).

So I went with a pre-facelift head to avoid having to purchase these cotters and added expense!

The engines do have slight other differences, I remember my friend had a bent valve on his premier and the pre-face lift ones were different.

I was doubting the apparently '1500' changes to the revised (facelift) model but the other day I was with a friend and we could have carried out listing the differences for a good while.

Interior, pre-face lift and facelift have different seats (inserts), door switches, pre has titanium gearknob whilst facelift has aluminium or other way around, the dash clocks are different, the window regulators are different

exterior, the wings are different, mirrors are different, bumpers are different, grills are different, head lights are different, facelift has covers on the inner wing tops, facelift has a radiator plastic cover, rear lights are different, the headlight/rear light loom differs, the alloys are different (pre facelift are light enkei stamped if im not mistaken)

engine, the facelift has different flywheel, the valves differ, the cotters for the valve springs/seats differ, the keys are different, the alarms are different and the fobs,

etc etc!

Yeah I was aware of most of what you listed as they are the major/more obvious changes but I didn't think the dash clocks were different. 1500 certainly doesn't seem as far fetched as one would initially think.

Yeah the dash clocks have different symbols representing the abs or eps or something!

Either way, I've got the best of both.. going round to check it out as only seen the car in the dark when it arrived and pushed it onto my brothers drive!

Need to see what its about!

Well. It needs a full clean and wash inside and out.

Brake discs are rusted. Currently has a stock back box with stainless b pipe and a spare rusty spoon style back in the boot. Windscreen is cracked.

Inside is filthy as is the exterior.

Tyres are down to the metal! Rocker has been off the car so cams are rusty.

Not any real bother as this will get sorted. I have access to lots of type r civics being broken.

Just deciding on color scheme for alloys and rocker/engine bay dress up bits.

Once the engines out. Il give it a good de greasing and wash. Then if any needs touching up, il get it done. Considering putting in fog lights and doing the wheels cherry red.

Just waiting for the PayPal invoice for the following parts purchased.

Drag cartel dc4 cams.

Super tech valve seals

Super dual valve springs 92 lbs and titanium retainers.

Vibrant 3" inlet n outlet stealth street power backbox (flat black colour)

Originally I wanted a loud skunk 2 but after speaking with a few lads they all said a 3" system is too loud and with a skunk 2 box with be deafening.