K24 EP3

beastgtir

Doing a budget build K24-K20 Frankenstein into an EP3 ...

Will be a bit of a slow build as currently got my mb6 vtis which needs some time with it and my leon cupra r 1m which just swallowed up almost £1k on parts, service and soon remap.

So far I have bought my K24 engine (came with gearbox and ECU, which i'l try to sell off to recoup some money back).

In negotiations for a 2003 Honda civic type r 30th anniversary (comes with full red recaros, rear tints etc, only 100 made in each color - silver, black, red) fitted with facelift front bumper/grille and rear lights. All going well, il have the car delivered to me around the first week of Feb.

Photos of my K24 engine

image.jpg

Cool project, are you planning anything for it other than the necessary to bolt the head on and get it running?

Don't suppose you know what to expect powerwise with it just put together and running?

Cool project, are you planning anything for it other than the necessary to bolt the head on and get it running?

Don't suppose you know what to expect powerwise with it just put together and running?

Well originally I was planning a cheap build just slapping on a k20 head and related bits with RBC and exhaust manifold plus a remap etc, which would see around 230 ish bhp but a lot of torque around 180-190 ft lbs but low down grunt and starts to drop off after 7k. They don't like high revs either..

But may throw in some pistons and couple of other goodies

So if I had the accord k24 would it go better if I did this conversion?

Yes a lot better, the K24 is a great engine even stock. Few bolt ons and remap make it a lot better even with the 2.4 head on. I think the VTC on the K20 is a lot better which is what makes the difference and also it bumps up the compression too. The K20 cams are slightly more aggressive and make more power higher up the range.

K24 is awesome, I envy you so much. Here's an inspirational dyno. But for this motor, 3" exhaust system is a must.

20Lvs24L_zps323c53c9.jpg

Figures sound good, trying to get it slightly higher then this as I've now decided to go for 12.1 or 12.5 pistons on stock rods to bump up the compression slightly. Also purchased a RBC intake too. Hoping for around 260 BHP and 200 Ft Lbs of Torque. Exhaust wise, I will most likely go custom 3" or if I can get my friends EP3 Skunk 2 Exhaust 70mm off him that would do me!

I am looking into a set of drop in cams too, either TDi or similar but at the moment the cams are on hold as most require uprated springs and retainers and after including cams that's almost another £1000 or so! Starting to get expensive.

Simpo the cheap of doing it is to get a K20 engine with a knock and use the head and bits and pieces. The expensive part is the ECU and mapping. In an accord you won't need much at all.

• Like 1