K24 EP3

beastgtir

Really wish that I'd thought about things a bit more when we got the accord tourer for the wife, and realised how much is be driving it instead of the deck at weekends and stuff.. Would have went for the k24 instead of the k20.

Just lacks a bit of grunt.

Think that it's got the same sort of vtec as the 24 though, and is just on one side (exhaust i think... Or is that the one that's missing).

K24 Frankenstein has always seemed a little fruitless to me .. Yes the power is good, the low down torque MUCH needed in a k20 or any B series BUT .. You loose that top end hooliganism, which for me, is why i love honda engines .. That is unless you spend a silly amount of money doing the bottom K24 end too .. in that case i'll remove my comment .. 

But good luck with it mate .. 

K24 Frankenstein has always seemed a little fruitless to me .. Yes the power is good, the low down torque MUCH needed in a k20 or any B series BUT .. You loose that top end hooliganism, which for me, is why i love honda engines .. That is unless you spend a silly amount of money doing the bottom K24 end too .. in that case i'll remove my comment .. 

But good luck with it mate .. 

Yep, the bottom end isn't made to rev as high, even spending loads on it won't make it do much more. Long stroke.

Yep, the bottom end isn't made to rev as high, even spending loads on it won't make it do much more. Long stroke.

I do think theres a way that it can .. Sure that ive seen one somewhere! But ive never researched it so dont know for sure .. 

Im pretty sure if u forge the bottom end n get it lightened n dynamically balanced then the rev potential of any engine can be increased but it all depends on how fat ur wallet is especially wen it comes to hondas

Im pretty sure if u forge the bottom end n get it lightened n dynamically balanced then the rev potential of any engine can be increased but it all depends on how fat ur wallet is especially wen it comes to hondas

Plus, how much benefit would you really see from say putting £5000 just into a bottom end to rev a little bit more, might not even make much more power the bit higher up the revs.

• Like 2

You can get them to rev them high with the right setup.

Limiting factors are oil pump (most use earls modified f20c s2000 one). Updated valve train and cams. Then you have to mess about with the VTC can gear and all sorts.

Typically when you hear about the K20/K24 it's in Usa and they have different k24 compared to Uk. Most use the 160 bhp k24 hence they don't put out good figures plus they use like 91-93 octane petrol.