'Glen the Deck' - Baikal green VTI MC2

BiMU

Yeah, no good in making the car look good if it doesn't run! 

100% I've fallen into the making it look nice trap before but I couldn't help looking at the MGZS suspension upgrade - also had a look at UnicycleTom's videos of twisty road and track fun and looks awesome. 

• Like 1

100% I've fallen into the making it look nice trap before but I couldn't help looking at the MGZS suspension upgrade - also had a look at UnicycleTom's videos of twisty road and track fun and looks awesome. 

To be fair I've done it before as well :lol:

So steadily chewing through the list. Today had a good mate deal with the following:

• Cambelt
  • Water pump
  • Coolant change
  • Center console installed (I couldn't get those rusty bolts out!)

IMG-20150203-WA0009_zpsf6bc1d7e.jpg

Yum! New parts!

IMG-20150203-WA0007_zpsb5b04bde.jpg

Old one didn't look too bad!

IMG-20150203-WA0008_zpsaf43fcbd.jpg

Well that looks like crap! Glad it's changed now.

I should be getting it back tomorrow as he's going to take a look underneath and hopefully get it tracked. He commented that he the found drive a little skittish! Dom (Torque1320) advised to get a some extra bits:

• Water hoses - The ones in the car were not as firm as the original ones so were replaced at some point.
  • Fuel filter change
  • Spark plug change - Have new plugs, need to change
  • Gearbox oil change - Have oil need to change

Here's a more stripped down priority list and progress report:

• ABS - Picking up a second hand ABS pump and ABS ECU this weekend
  • Drivers side mirror - Fitting when weather is good
  • Passenger wing mirror glass
  • AirCon - Pump, bracket, tensioner and torque mount purchased but need bolts and fitting
  • New tyres x 4 - See how tracking goes
  • New spare wheel tyre
  • New car key - Might be getting 3 keys and whole lock set including all barrels, transponder thingy and ECU for the price of one new key! We'll see how this pans out this weekend.
  • Sun-roof rubber seal - Should be picking up this weekend = £10 for the seal... and sunroof!
  • Front passenger lower fog light - awaiting stock from breakers
  • Exhaust - It was blowing but I hate the boy racer tip at the end - so found a decent second hand one.

Good thing is that the engine seems to be in good condition and has seen regular oil changes. I'm getting happier as things are starting to get fixed and can't wait until its more about the drive and going fast safely... but fast again.

• Like 3

Yes! f**k silly stance! I'd rather hoon!

YES! I can't stand not being able to give a car some left and right action, even my Shuttle is lowered to a height so I don't have to super slow down for speedbumps. I've had an MX5 and loved the handling... hopefully get another one day. How do you think it compares to the set up you have now?

Shit!

My (wifes) mx5 had mazda speed coilovers, that thing cornered!

just needed more zoom zoom!

Needed boost, but got a BGW instead :lol:

Nice work there Jason! Coming along now! Yes I prefer to be able to drive quickly without removing arch liners, sumps etc! My Type R does the hooning thing nicely without mods, just needs better tyres :)

s**t!

My (wifes) mx5 had mazda speed coilovers, that thing cornered!

just needed more zoom zoom!

I loved my MX5 only reason I got rid was because of rust and was uneconomical to repair. Damn it was stable!

Needed boost, but got a BGW instead :lol:

Nice work there Jason! Coming along now! Yes I prefer to be able to drive quickly without removing arch liners, sumps etc! My Type R does the hooning thing nicely without mods, just needs better tyres :)

Cheers, just trying to get it safe but I do indulge in the occasional VTEC!!!!!

ABS -you checked the codes i take it ?

never hearing of a pump failure before..maybe a sensor fault suggest look at the manual and recheck . :idea:

codes will tell what wheel ect

I'll check this weekend to triple check  :geek: are the sensors expensive?

My m8s turbo mx5 has nearly put him in a hedge several times lol fun though

Always wakes someone up, nothing bit of counter steer would fix!