'Glen the Deck' - Baikal green VTI MC2

BiMU

Stick with mate. If your paranoid there are numerous tests/work you could do to set your mind at ease. Compression tests, check valve clearances, visual inspection of the top end while your there etc.

Might not be the end of the world.

Stick with mate. If your paranoid there are numerous tests/work you could do to set your mind at ease. Compression tests, check valve clearances, visual inspection of the top end while your there etc.

+1 these engines are very very good do as above,

sometimes smokey vtec at 100k due to valve seals,thats about it really.used loads for turbo for a reason :geek:

Thanks for the support guys. I'll be keeping it for now and will be getting the cambelt, waterpump dealt with first and that would also give me a chance to look at the state of the head - then we go from there! Once that has been solved will then look at the ABS...

• Like 1

Thanks for the support guys. I'll be keeping it for now and will be getting the cambelt, waterpump dealt with first and that would also give me a chance to look at the state of the head - then we go from there! Once that has been solved will then look at the ABS...

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Then at least you know all the maintenance is dealt with. Would be a shame to lose money on it like that.

Small update. It's going in for cambelt and water pump done, center console to be replaced and ABS Looked at - chances are it could either be the pump or ecu - will be sourcing a set soon.

Other than that I've stock piled some parts and waiting for the weather to clear up to then attack one weekend. I did however pass on the Meisters that were on Facebook, I actually told the guy to try on the Civic5 for sale thread, advised them they would go quick and they did! I just couldn't justify the price at the moment and felt money would be better spent on the main problems. I've been reading up on the MG suspension as an upgrade to the original suspension and wondered if you guys would recommend them?