Ryan's MB3 Thread

Ryan6926

Hello again folks after a change of heart about selling / scrapping the Civic and wandering off topic slightly I've removed it and decided to start again,

As you may have seen it's only a MB3, I bought it with a few issues (Mostly the window passengers side isn't working (Wiring fault I think) and the clutch release bearing is noisy but apart from that it seems ok, I've put 6k on it in the 7 months I've had it and not really had many issues with it apart from recently a sticking caliper which my friend tried to fix and seems to have although I bought a refurbished one off ebay for 40 quid so hopefully it'll sort it anyways

The car is completely standard for now but seems ok bodywork wise apart from needing the headlights buffed up and the rear door replacing as it's going rusty but the rest seems ok :)

DSC_0586_zpsa5523459.jpg

DSC_0589_zpsa2566a80.jpg

I was planning on tinkering with a few things but seemingly the MB is a pig to get parts for mods wise exhaust in particular so I'll be sticking to cosmetic changes for the time which I keep it (I've seen something else I like so I'm saving for that now but won't be for a while)

As the Civic needed 2 front tyres I had a look on ebay and instead found these and got them for £125 quid including almost new tyres so these will be fitted this week hopefully :)

DSC_0617_zpscrtwdajg.jpg

There probably won't be a lot of progress on this but if there is I'll update the thread lol :)

Cheers

Ryan

Thanks Tom, I hope so, Only concern is they're on 195 45 15 tyres so it will probably make the arch gap look huge although I was thinking of grabbing some ZS Springs from the 1.8 ZS as I'd expect they may lower it a tad

Nice colour! :D The wheels will look sweet once fitted.

I don't think ZS springs alone would help you, you'd need the shocks as well.

• Like 1

Ah cheers Roj I didn't know that, I assumed the springs would be different damping and slightly shorter so it would have worked, Looks like I'd after shocks too once I've decided what's going on lol :)

Thanks Snakey, it's nowhere near as nice as some on here obviously (Yours is epic) but maybe one day I'll make it a bit closer to what I want because I lose the love for things really easily (I have bpd) so providing I can stick with it I think it could be a really nice car although I get put off by not being able to find exactly what I want when I want it lol

Thanks Snakey, it's nowhere near as nice as some on here obviously (Yours is epic) but maybe one day I'll make it a bit closer to what I want because I lose the love for things really easily (I have bpd) so providing I can stick with it I think it could be a really nice car although I get put off by not being able to find exactly what I want when I want it lol

Most of us are the same and we're deemed 'normal', whatever that is :lol: