Shafzzz BMW 325i E90 GrandadSpec build

Shafzzz

Hey everyone, I'm Shafzzz and I currently own a 2005 BMW E90 325i SE Manual in a rare-ish colour and figured as I'm not getting a Honda anymore (can't justify running two cars in London) that I'm going to go "all out" on my BMW. You might think this is an odd choice of car for a 20 year old, especially as it is in SE grandad spec and is a 4 door saloon - but it was cheaper to insure than an older 4cylinder BMW, has an amazing chassis and engine and came with all the things I needed for a comfortable daily driver in London too.

Incase you didn't see my welcome thread here's a quick glimpse of my car history:

LKbnq3Q.png

1997 Toyota Starlet 1.3 16v Sportif 5dr - at 18 (RIP Oct 2011)

2000 Volkswagen Golf 1.6 8v SE (Spent way too much on this, was still terrible) - At 18 (Jan 2012-Feb 2013)

1994 Toyota Starlet GT Turbo TD04L - At 19 (Feb 2013 - Sept 2013)

2005 BMW 325i SE E90 2.5 Manual - At 20 (Sept 2013 - Present)

The car at the bottom (325i) is my current car and here are some more pictures:

(After fitting my private plate) - 

1hSVErk.jpg

G1FfwPy.jpg

With Roj's MB3 and a mates Paseo and EK4-

1468680_10202954681898043_591057991_n.jp

And again with Roj's MB3 and my mates old EK4 - 

1493121_10202954678737964_780369878_n.jp

---------------------------------------------------

Current mods:

BMS Clutch Delay Valve delete - Best mod I've done by far.

Philips CrystalVision headlight bulbs
CREE 20W LED Angel Eye Bulbs
CREE LED Foglights

BMW Blackline OEM rear lights (yet to be fitted pictured below)

BMW LCI (Facelift) Angel Eye Headlights

BMW Alpine OEM Retrofit Stereo System

BMW Professional Headunit recoded to Stereo

Harman Kardon/Logic 7 8" Underseat Subwoofers x2

Windows tinted in factory-ish shade

To do list:

Get a performance exhaust made up for it

Purchase 19" BMW M3 CSL Wheels (staggered + concave)

--------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this far if you have! I hope to update this as often as I can as a little build thread for my BMW. 

Shafz.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright alright Roj! I'll get the pics up..

Firstly the car got washed/waxed and looked brilliant so I took a pic of it which shows the paint colour and old taillights before I swapped them out.

jeb9uGXl.jpg

I then installed the new Blacklines with the help of a mate and I am very happy with how they turned out..

Lights off: 

COyW5cWl.jpg

Lights on (sidelight/headlight):

0OeS7mMl.jpg

Nighttime (note headlight colour):

kOJoBD6l.jpg

I also received my alpine upgrade I've wanted since I got the car which should be fitted before my birthday if everything goes well!

abUK3G8l.jpg

EpZ7ki0l.jpg

Tail lights look really good! 

I quite like standard systems in modern cars, seem quite good! Those Alpines should be decent though! 

As Roj can confirm, I'm very much into audio having been in my old starlet and seeing videos of my MK4 Golf a couple years back. The standard system in the BMW isn't that good as it doesn't even have tweeters! So this Alpine upgrade is actually an OEM solution from BMW that's plug and play and is really good from what I've read/seen. Thanks for the comments about the lights though, one of my favourite things about the car now!

As Roj can confirm, I'm very much into audio having been in my old starlet and seeing videos of my MK4 Golf a couple years back. The standard system in the BMW isn't that good as it doesn't even have tweeters! So this Alpine upgrade is actually an OEM solution from BMW that's plug and play and is really good from what I've read/seen. Thanks for the comments about the lights though, one of my favourite things about the car now!

OEM you say? Sweet, can't complain if it's plug and play! Heard some horror stories like the Audi's with the BOSE system, whole lot has to come out to even think about upgrading/customising the audio! :o

OEM you say? Sweet, can't complain if it's plug and play! Heard some horror stories like the Audi's with the BOSE system, whole lot has to come out to even think about upgrading/customising the audio! :o

My mates an Audi service technician and tells me countless stories about how annoying they are to work on audio wise. The BOSE system is really good for a standard system! And yeah the Alpine Upgrade actually has an official BMW parts number and official BMW stickers on the speaker magnets etc. It was made for people with the base stereo like me to have a stereo slightly better than the premium one, and it is legitimately plug and play, no cutting wires and works with the factory headunit so all looks OEM!

Shafz you just have too high standards for audio.  :P

This is true :P