Shafzzz BMW 325i E90 GrandadSpec build

Shafzzz

I'm hopefully wiring up and amping Rojs MB6 in the coming months and doing a little audio build in it (not show car stuff, just clean install) and hopefully he documents it for that build thread!

Amped speakers make a massive difference, I've got a friend who's very much into subwoofer box construction and audio and was a fitter at halfords who moved onto custom stuff and he made my friend an enclosure for his 4500W RMS GroundZero subwoofer, absolutely insane bass haha I just want a little punch to go with the vocals. That's a good point actually, how did you get into car audio as such?

• Like 1

My car has underseat subwoofers as standard, but they're powered by the headunit. The Alpine upgrade consists of a 4 channel amplifier and front speakers and tweeters and the amplifier will then amp the front speakers and the underseat subwoofers for more punch!

That sounds good, you might need to upgrade the underseat subs though, if they're designed to run off the head unit the amp might be better served running something with a bit more balls. Can you bridge two channels and run the subs together?

I'm hopefully wiring up and amping Rojs MB6 in the coming months and doing a little audio build in it (not show car stuff, just clean install) and hopefully he documents it for that build thread!

Amped speakers make a massive difference, I've got a friend who's very much into subwoofer box construction and audio and was a fitter at halfords who moved onto custom stuff and he made my friend an enclosure for his 4500W RMS GroundZero subwoofer, absolutely insane bass haha I just want a little punch to go with the vocals. That's a good point actually, how did you get into car audio as such?

First car had a decent system as I was just figuring everything out! 

DB Audio 6.5" front components (With tweeters) - Amped.

DB Audio T-Rex Raptor 2 12" sub

Inphase 2400w amp 

Sounded great!

At the time I had the JVC-AVX1 headunit with a tiny little screen which I could watch films on :lol:

I can swap the subs out for any shallow mount 8" sub or a straight swap would be the BMW Logic7 subs. These subs are made to run off amplifier though cause they're rated for what the Alpine Amp actually gives them but the headunit is giving them something woeful like 15w RMS each.

I got into audio because of my mates and cousins always having subwoofers and sound systems and always being around good Hi-Fi systems. I got my first car and it was a 1997 Toyota Starlet with a radio cassette deck and 2 speakers so I got to tinkering with bigger front speakers, made my first stealth shelf etc then moved onto amplification and subwoofers and the rest was history. So when I got this BMW which was a £35k car new to realise it didn't even have component speakers, to say I was disappointed was an understatement!

Car audio is one of those things that are very sensitive to your ears though, what might sound good for you may not sound good for someone else etc so it's all about tinkering!

• Like 1

Yeah just a tidy install with all the wires neatly hidden with a quick release so I can take the sub out when I take the thing on track. Can't wait man. Of course it'll be documented. :D

I can swap the subs out for any shallow mount 8" sub or a straight swap would be the BMW Logic7 subs. These subs are made to run off amplifier though cause they're rated for what the Alpine Amp actually gives them but the headunit is giving them something woeful like 15w RMS each.

I got into audio because of my mates and cousins always having subwoofers and sound systems and always being around good Hi-Fi systems. I got my first car and it was a 1997 Toyota Starlet with a radio cassette deck and 2 speakers so I got to tinkering with bigger front speakers, made my first stealth shelf etc then moved onto amplification and subwoofers and the rest was history. So when I got this BMW which was a £35k car new to realise it didn't even have component speakers, to say I was disappointed was an understatement!

Car audio is one of those things that are very sensitive to your ears though, what might sound good for you may not sound good for someone else etc so it's all about tinkering!

Yeah! Some folk go for decibels while others go for that crisp sound and clarity! 

• Like 1

Yeah! Some folk go for decibels while others go for that crisp sound and clarity!

I've done the db and I much prefer the quality setup now, my best system was an all infinity setup with a top of the range pioneer head unit, all cost about £2k and that was 16 years ago but it got transferred between cars until I finally sold it all. :(

• Like 1

I've done the db and I much prefer the quality setup now, my best system was an all infinity setup with a top of the range pioneer head unit, all cost about £2k and that was 16 years ago but it got transferred between cars until I finally sold it all. :(

I've never been one for massive bass, always preferred a quality setup but when I go to shows I'll have a nosey at the sound-off if there is one! Kudos to those nutters!

• Like 1

I've never been one for massive bass, always preferred a quality setup but when I go to shows I'll have a nosey at the sound-off if there is one! Kudos to those nutters!

I only had it for a little while, made me paranoid to use it too many tea leaves about. :(

I only had it for a little while, made me paranoid to use it too many tea leaves about. :(

There's that but I would just ask myself why am I doing it when I don't like listening to other peoples cars rattling to death :lol:

Plus you can't hear the music over it!