Shafzzz BMW 325i E90 GrandadSpec build

Shafzzz

My mates an Audi service technician and tells me countless stories about how annoying they are to work on audio wise. The BOSE system is really good for a standard system! 

I think that's the point though, because the Bose system is so good, you shouldn't need to upgrade it.

I do like the Alpine stuff, very nice. :)

Awesome! 8-)

I think that's the point though, because the Bose system is so good, you shouldn't need to upgrade it.

I do like the Alpine stuff, very nice.  :)

Yeah you'd think that, but then you buy a 5/10 year old car with it fitted and find you can't replace the tape deck! :lol:

• Like 2

Awesome! 8-)

Yeah you'd think that, but then you buy a 5/10 year old car with it fitted and find you can't replace the tape deck! :lol:

Lol, there was a question on fifth gear the other night apparently the last car fitted with a tape deck was a Lexus (can't remember the model) in 2010!!! :o

• Like 1

Awesome! 8-)

The best sound system I've heard OEM wise is the Lexus IS220d with the mark levinson and Satnav, that stereo system is absolutely amazing and makes Audi BOSE sound tinny in comparison. BMW individual is good but was also a pricey option which mine unfortunately doesn't have. My friend has an A3 without BOSE for the exact reason that it's easier to upgrade yourself and swap stuff out so it exceeds BOSE.

Also NIKH25 that was the 2010 Lexus SC430 haha I saw that too!

The best sound system I've heard OEM wise is the Lexus IS220d with the mark levinson and Satnav, that stereo system is absolutely amazing and makes Audi BOSE sound tinny in comparison. BMW individual is good but was also a pricey option which mine unfortunately doesn't have. My friend has an A3 without BOSE for the exact reason that it's easier to upgrade yourself and swap stuff out so it exceeds BOSE.

Also NIKH25 that was the 2010 Lexus SC430 haha I saw that too!

Well remembered. ;)

Bose system in the Mazda is nice too. :)

I think most people aren't audiophiles so a Bose system is fantastic for a standard system but for those that are, yes, upgrades are needed.

I had uprated amplified Hertz components front and rear, Pioneer headunit, and a ported JBL 12" subwoofer in my MK4 Golf and since then I can't have normal standard audio cause it sounds so underpowered and tinny. The annoying thing is my BMW hasn't got folding rear seats so I can't do the usual boot subwoofer for bass as it's well sealed and wouldn't enter the cabin, hence the alpine upgrade is perfect.

My car has underseat subwoofers as standard, but they're powered by the headunit. The Alpine upgrade consists of a 4 channel amplifier and front speakers and tweeters and the amplifier will then amp the front speakers and the underseat subwoofers for more punch!

• Like 2

My car has underseat subwoofers as standard, but they're powered by the headunit. The Alpine upgrade consists of a 4 channel amplifier and front speakers and tweeters and the amplifier will then amp the front speakers and the underseat subwoofers for more punch!

Makes a world of difference having the amp power speakers rather than the headunit, remember losing my amp't speaker virginity! 

• Like 1