Josh Smith's MB6 Fast Road Build

jmlsmithy

Great work mate! 

thank you mate it's getting there slowly :)

For info, the stock suspension sits 10mm lower at the front, if you keep to that it'll turn in really nicely! :)

yeah i've got it set up bang on now, the photo's above were taken about a month ago. thanks for the info.

looking forward to seeing those new rims on mate! Gonna look sweet i reckon!

i will post a picture up tomorrow evening mate, if you went to japfest you would of probably seen the car on the wheels :) 

• Like 1

So, today on the way to work. i was halfway through overtaking when my car just cut out? rev counter, CD player, temp gauge everything. had to turn to car off and then start it again, luckily it does start back up. it's done this twice now and both times I've been overtaking around 8.2k revs. anyone had this issue before? I've asked a few people and seem to be pointing it at the ignition switch wiring issue? been about a month apart since the last time.

can't be dizzy or anything like that as it wouldn't cause everything to cut out. i am a mechanic, checked all the earths etc. 

any info on this will be much appreciated as i'm planning on making this into a track car and don't want this to happen whilst out on the track. 

Could be a connection issue .. When at that higher revs it shakes something free?

Could be worth checking the connection on the ignition barrel as they have been known to cause problems as these get on.

Pretty much brand new dizzy so wouldn't point in that direction!

I'll take a look at the wiring going into the ignition barrel tomorrow i think. oh really that's good to know :) must be ignition related i think for everything to cut out.