Eibach E4024-140 Springs, MGZS or MB6 Shocks?

Hondamad1988

I read through previous threads on similar topics, but just want to clear up some specifics.

Picking up a set of OEM MB shocks with Eibach 30mm springs.

We are currently running MGZS shocks and springs, front sits to high and never happy at higher motorway speeds, front seems too harsh and back seems too soft bouncing up an down too much. The rears are less than a year old, they say Delphi on them, are these OEM MG or cheap motor factor replacements?

Anyway, I have a choice between fitting the Eibach springs with either MGZS shocks or MB6 shocks, and was wondering what the different outcomes will be.

There has been some debate suggesting the Eibach's shouldn't be fitted to MG shocks because of there shorter travel, but the Eibach's will be shorter springs than original springs, and most Koni/ Eibach/ Spax kits etc come with shorter shocks.

What kind of ride height, stiffness, and handling difference will there be between the two set ups?

Another thought is MG stuff is generally out of stock most places now, but replacement MB shocks should be easy to pick up new from motor factors.

Thanks in advance

Delphi are correct,

there is an eibach that works well with the above mgzs180 dampers,cant remember part number.

mgzs180 were designed with eibach input,so good valving compared with Honda units,so better,they should last ages and ages.

mgzs 180s yesAre getting a bit scarce,on ebay anyway.

have a search for correct part number to suit mgzs180,a few people on here have them :idea:

I've got eibach springs and koni shocks.

When i first got them i just had koni on the back and oem on the front. The front bounced quite badly, especially with some weight in the back.

Well Best made plans and all that, the springs have actually come on Deplhi shocks, so need to to check which shocks they are from label, but could now potentially have 2 full sets of mg shocks plus the two spare passenger mg shocks I have in shed so spares shouldn't be an issue for a while.

Thanks for input, quite a few people on this thread and previous threads seem to rate eibach springs on Delhi shocks, so hopefully all is well, Eibach say there suitable for standard or uprated shocks and whenever I've had uprated shocks before they have allways been shorter/ had shorter travel so hopefully shouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone know how I convert the labels on the Mg shocks to parts number nothing seems like the actually part number on labels?

All right scrap the above, I spun out yesterday when i saw the numbers on eibach springs

, but downloaded the eibach parts guide and the individual numbers lined up for the MB civic.

The shocks however appear to be a bit of a miss match, the fronts are Delphi with L 51602 ST3 E11 written which im pulling up as a 1997 1.4 5 door civic. The rear have either RPD102930 on piston and RPD 108930 on bottom of fork which is vague on Rimmerbros just says MG Rover but seems to be trowing up as rover 45 1.8 16v rear shocks else where.

Sounds like with above ^ I's be better off putting the springs on the MGZS shocks I allready have.

Anyone got any opinions about above shocks?

• Like 1

Does seem a bit odd. The rears I think will mostly be the same across the range, whereas the fronts will be different according to the model they came from (different engine weights etc) This could explain why the front is currently sitting high...they could be from the V6 mgzs which will have heavier springs/shocks. What mb do you have? (Need to fill in your profile so it shows your car ;-). )The mb shocks should be fine with the Ebach springs, if they're matched to your mb (mb2, Mb6 etc)

Thanks Dave,

Current set up: Mb6 with mgzs v6 shocks and springs all round. The rears are less than a year old bought brand new.

Just picked up some Eibach Springs which where sold as having Mb shocks. The individual spring part numbers match to what Eibach list for the MB6 vti/MC AeroDeck but the shocks they are currently on are Delphi replacements. The fronts being listed as a 1.4 5 door civic, and rears listed for a Rover 45 1.8.

I think the problem with the Mg V6 set up is the front springs are designed for the heavier engine.

Quite a few people seem to have had good results with theses 30mm Eibach springs on Mg Zs v6 shocks so think I'll give it a try.

Originally I thought the eibach springs would come with MB6 shocks which gave me a choice between Mb and Mg shocks. Due to the mix of shocks the springs have come with, i think it'll now be best putting the springs onto the Mg shocks.

Any thoughts still welcome, I not sure how the 1.4 civic and 1.8 rover shocks would compare as an alternative.