Track rod ends

Dexter

Need to replace my track rod ends for the first time soon so just wondering if there's any point paying for OEM or just going for the cheap no brand parts? My deck is a pretty low daily / occasional track car.

If it was me mate, I'd go for Honda parts every time, but I'm just fussy about things like that. Some pattern parts are often exactly the same as the genuine manufacturer ones, so can be just as good. But even cheap aftermarket ones should last a fairly long time, so just depends if you fancy a gamble. :wink: With track rods, the height of the car shouldn't factor in any extra wear on them, so lowered or standard they should last the same.

Suppose the only concern is if the cheaper ones seize or fail quickly, the OEM ones are likely to be getting on for 15 years or so, at least you'd know you wouldn't need to replace them again if you went for Honda ones.

• Like 1

Thanks for the coments. My holidays just started and am in a hurry to get some track days in... so just picked up some aftermarkets and gonna install them today. Let's hope they last and if not, well lesson learned :wink:.

• Like 1