Jimbobs VTiS

Nice little update mate. Glad things are beginning to run better for you! :)

So has the love been restored for the old barg??

magnecors are generally the choice option for leads I would say.

Guest jimbob738

I have always used magnecores hence why I never suspected them but swapped mine over with my brothers and even tested mine on his and low and behold the issues started on his.

I will be replacing them I believe I was the one to recommend them to knight with iridium plugs a fair while ago possibly about two years everyone on civic5 5 was pro OEM or NGK back then.

I have already splashed out on the new dizzy I fitted at £179 a few months back should have changed them then really.

I will try my best to sort her out I love these MB's just the suspension thing that bother me is all. just wish I could fit that DC2 ARB some how

Oh sorry mate so they were magnecors that have failed??? Do they come with any sort of warranty?? Or are they too old.

What's up with a dc2 ARB? Thought they were interchangeable?

the fast road map is spot on to be honest for everyday drive i cant fault it tiz flawless IAB's still enabled and the power delivery is nice and smooth top end is a bit better but also has launch control i was very impressed, really the chip is mapped to 2.25" 4-1 mani and decat but never the less performs well with standard kit i only currently have the ITR intake and air box with K&N and denso iridium plugs with KV85 leads and removed AC nothing exhaust side yet and gob smacked me.

i have emailed Dave regarding creating a members area in which we could share base maps all used at the owners own risk but i just begrudge someone charging £29 quid for a basemap which is free with Chrome plus we would be able to share custom maps i think we would all benefit their isnt enough on this site regarding tuning with the P72 and it really isnt rocket science.

how do others feel?

p,s a good site to DIY a P72 http://cars.homenetcs.co.uk/honda-civic-mb6/modifications-ecu-chipping.htm

i used this the part regarding the 3 surface mount capacitors is bollox ignore makes no difference at all.

It may be easy for some, but the risk of f00cking your engine is just not worth the hassle for £50 odd quid!

The pictures you posted with regard to Crome and the injector settings....all that seems double dutch to me :(

Guest jimbob738

It may be easy for some, but the risk of f00cking your engine is just not worth the hassle for £50 odd quid!

The pictures you posted with regard to Crome and the injector settings....all that seems double dutch to me :(

That was an old old post mate look at the date, I haven't ran on that ECU for a while now for daily driving I was getting better mpg on standard I was going to get it down to dyno daze when I had it all mechanically sorted plus my chip burner I screwed now so couldn't edit the chip.

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it mate!

Interesting! Just listened to my misses drive up the road and it was missing very well indeed!

Doesn't sound good Tom! From cold was it?

Guest jimbob738

Oh sorry mate so they were magnecors that have failed??? Do they come with any sort of warranty?? Or are they too old.

What's up with a dc2 ARB? Thought they were interchangeable?

My magnecores are like 6/7 years old well past any warranty they have been on 4 different cars to be fair, the itr arb bolts to the subframe not the chassis I was hoping an ASR subframe brace would act as a adapter plate but no such luck it bolts to the subframe also where the original arb does on the teggy so can't use it bit gutted cozthe shocks sit lovely just the back isn't to tight the it's arb is 22mm as well I measured it.

Guest jimbob738

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of it mate!

Doesn't sound good Tom! From cold was it?

Get to a scrappy tom get another MAP senoser they commonly screw up and the throttle position sensor also needs checking on closed throttle should be obout 0.45-0.55v and on wid open should be 4.5v guides all over internet.

These two sensors and the lambda tell the ECU how much fuel to pump in ,sounds like same as my issue mate.

I'm having the whole intake off to clean mate will return better mpg when done.

• Like 1