Jimbobs VTiS

Guest jimbob738

No Jake not mucking about keep getting called out on jobs while I am trying to get the job finished, now all I gotta do is remove the old gasket and plug that stupid extra coolent pipe and fit the thing and hope and pray its an improvement.

I got another job on this morning sorting out a diagnostic laptop for a Local Garage I am supplying him with Autocom CDP+ and DEPLHI Diagnostics so will get me more money for goodies hopefully.

I was up until 1 am transferring all the parts over from the old intake and getting it ready to go on so shouldn't be long now will take pictures later.

Andrew I was referring to when I was running the chipped p72 and like I said I removed the limiter in crome, and yeah its still worth resetting the ECU with a chipped unit it will still have to recalibrate itself.

• Like 1

Thought someone might find this interesting, crazy how this brand gets so badly copied: http://eu.skunk2.com/id/467/Pro-Series-Intake-Manifold-Clone-Alert/

Trouble is people wanting to cheap out will always fall for it, I know mods can be expensive but that's the way it is. Do it cheap, do it twice.

Guest jimbob738

OK little update, had bags of fun removing the OEM inlet mani and fitting the new one (not) its been a challenge...............lets leave it at that.

so was outside until sundown Friday night got it fitted looked at it scratched my head and I wasn't happy at all with the way it was.

1. throttle pulley was upside down on the skunk TB didn't notice until fitted this is to accommodate the GSR/DC2 throttle cable, doesn't help when you have the MB6 setup!

2. because of the Gaskets im using (Hondata copies) the studs from the head are two short so literally the nuts were just on the threads which I wasn't happy with at all.

3. the extra water pipe I had no way of getting a pipe to it or blacking it up so was stuck.

all in all I went to bed pretty pi55ed off thinking this was just an unbolt old bolt-on new type situation and it would be straight forwards, clearly its not so unless you have all the stuff before ready which clearly I didn't.

so here's my solutions I made tonight made myself a copper T piece water pipe and soldered it up nicely:

IMAG0107_zps8dd81f6d.jpg

15mm reduced to 8mm perfect so that sorts the water feed.

next was the studs, I went to a local fixings shop in Alfreton but was shut only Mon - Fri 9-5 why oh why are these places not open weekends when you need them?

anyway went round to the step dad and raided his stash found the perfect solution and made my own M8 Studs by hacksawing the tops off some spare M8 bolts and getting the Tap and Die set out oh yeah perfect job:

IMAG0104_zps4ce40a88.jpg

See how much shorter the OEM studs are that new gaskets a little over kill tbf but I bought it now same as what Jake is using and first question he asked me " how did you get on with the studs and bolts fitting the Skunk2" well my answer is not very well so went back to the drawing board, not risking air leaks doing this sh1t right.

IMAG0105_zps16c130e3.jpg

And next was the Throttle mechanism, I thought ok pop the OEM one off with the washer and spring and fit it on the skunk2, Oh yeah great idea...........not really coz it don't fit, I had to file out the centre and alter the bump stop, the jury is still out on this I wont know until on and fitted but here is the effort below:

IMAG0106_zpseae960e9.jpg

They are literally completely the opposite way round to each other, if It throws the ilde out I will get the GSR\DC2 cable and fit it as it states in the guide but wanted to use the shorter MB6 one, see what happens I suppose.

so its been busy old afternoon, I stripped it all back off as I wasn't happy but glad I did, im still not happy that the mount to the underside is so far off but with it being a lot lot lighter will it matter? 

I might fabricate an extension to the OEM spare one I have tomorrow and get the MIG welder out again not played with that since I made a R&R bed for my camper two years ago.

I think im making progress albeit slowly but wanna do it right first time.

Any advise welcome from people who have these fitted to there MB6's no use from the EG boys as they already have GSR TB cable, and I bet the OEM mount aint far off either?

Nicely done man. Got there in the end.

Curious to see what your using that copper T for?

Also the eg throttle cable doesn't work the outer sheet is long enough but the inner cable is too short. You do need the dc2 one with the cable stop. I sourced one from civiclife breaker.

Well I missed out the tb. Just used a longer piece of hose to go straight from head to iacv.

Blocked the small random one on the skunk intake with a piece of hose and a bolt shoved in it. Standard procedure.lol.