Jimbobs VTiS

Guest jimbob738

Shocking photo tbf..........

anyway decided to give all 4 cars a wash and valet ( which the Mr's performed)  as I am selling my Volvo and the Fiesta is leaving me as im giving it back to work now my Civic sorted.

IMAG0147_zpsbe5688bc.jpg

IMAG0145_zps812b0382.jpg

Guest jimbob738

I think it sits lovely now both back and fronts even and pretty much same ride height as the DC2 OEM shocks were handles so so so much better then it did I really happy with it.

IMAG0149_zps86dafc90.jpg

Guest jimbob738

The kids were spraying it for like half an hour they just wouldn't stop, on the way back from Nottingham earlier I gave the Handling a good testing had a little race off with an AMG merc he gave up after about a mile of me roaring up side of him and I bombed Down the A610 past Ikea at about 120 my kids loved it they were screaming faster dad faster, at which point I slowed down my mrs looking particularly miffed at me I had to chuckle they are a couple of Vteccers in the making, BWAAAAAAHHHH...........................

IMAG0148_zpsa9d72434.jpg

Guest jimbob738

I think Photobucket are having some technical issues as all my pics keep disappearing and reappearing, I apologise for the blankness........

Guest jimbob738

Yay the photo's have returned.

anyway to the important facts about the new shocks and DC2 rack, I can safely say the shocks were worth every single penny and I have really missed the stability the MG ZS ARB brings to the car fills you full of confidence when driving fast.

I have been trying to get some photo's of the Setup from underneath but cant get the lighting right so will wait until the suns out and you can see my shiny Purple "SKUNK2" LCA's ha ha which are actually pretty decent hopefully the bushings will last more then 5 mins, with all I have spent on the car I couldn't afford to spend 180 on legit ones and once I go them thought I would see how I go, plus had to fit 1 new front calliper on the jeep 2 new rears and replace the rear pads as the cheap ones I bought were warped out the box.

I have never seen warped pads before but they were strange so that all cost me a bob or two.

Guest jimbob738

The DC2 rack is deffinately more responsive than the MB6 standard one albeit a pain in the Ar5e to fit if you have the patience and possibly some help then I would say its worth doing as it turns a lot quicker and I don't feel like im driving a bus anymore.

the MB6 rack is pretty Rover esk this rack is more similar to a EG or EK turning circle and doesn't take 2 days to full lock side to side.

so all I all good mod but bear in mind have two new Correct track rods to fit and some tracking method, and that the feed pipes are the opposite way round which take a little persuasion to position correctly.

Guest jimbob738

8-) did you drop the subframe,

also there is a pump delete option.

the Big Q

any better with the dc2 rack is it noticable and worth the agro WACK11111

Yeah dropped the Subframe down slightly had no choice and removed the Brace bar, exhaust mani and Decat off, was a biatch mate, I would say if your rack is leaking or broken then yes as mine was pi55ing out even after stop leak got squeezed in months back, and my rod ends were dead also.

I know I have covered this before but ADL seem to be the only company who actually manufacture the correct Track Rods for Honda's here are the links if anyone needs them I bought mine from Camskill here in 24 hours:

http://camskill.co.uk/m30b0s3021p46161/BLUEPRINT_ADH_PART_NUMBERS_-_TRACK_ROD_END_-_ADH28757_

http://camskill.co.uk/m30b0s3021p46162/BLUEPRINT_ADH_PART_NUMBERS_-_TRACK_ROD_END_-_ADH28758_

Take note of the Kink same as Honda genuine parts most OEM or ebay ones aren't the same and make it harder to track correctly and can cause rubbing.

so if your Rod ends are dead and the rack leaking get a DC2 one and hopefully will be worth the Hassle friday.gif1

Guest jimbob738

Don't fancy the idea of removing the pump Andrew, makes sense on 1000bhp drag cars as your only going in a straight line but on a car that's known for good handling round corners I wouldn't enjoy that would be like going back to my first car, that and all you got to do is flip the pipes round and unclip from the sub frame not that hard its screwing them back in that is the hard bit and where a second pair of hands makes all the difference.