Jimbobs VTiS

• 1 month later...
Guest jimbob738

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is ok, I have had a roller coaster last few months but things are starting to settle down, how is everyone?

My VTI-S is off the Road as the Head gasket has failed and possibly a warped head, so im currently running around in my Aerodeck VTI which is a slow work in progress needs some TLC.

I bought my missus a Honda Jazz 2008 Sport CVT rapid little thing from Honda Lookers in Derby this week 30,000 miles on the clock really nippy car we love it, buys me some time to sort the head out and get the VTI-S in good order as I already spent a few grand on parts need to get it right.

will photo it tomorrow give some updates.

also got made redundant so im also in the middle of starting my own IT company which is taking a lot of my time and energy right now started trading and got my first contract on 1st November so its all go with marketing and getting things sorted hence why I have not been on here in ages.

Guest jimbob738

Thanks

It looks like the gasket has separated, guffing oil all over the shop down the front of the engine, was also building up pressure so I think its possible a warped head, I am in the middle of stripping it down taking head off tomorrow, bet already got my spare stripped down and I'm taking it to get pressure tested and skimmed, after that I will decoke the head all the valves and basically refurb the head.

not good on a 100,000 mile engine never known it on a Honda before but I know it was stood for 4 years in a garage before I bought it and I know I have had seals going on it in places you wouldn't expect but rubber degrades when its stood so this may also be why the gaskets gone so early on? who knows..............

The redundancy wasn't great but a got a good pay out and the contract I have agreed is a massive step in the right direction I am getting my website setup and a few other marketing bits to get my name around, also going to get some subcontracting work from a few agencies so really they did me a favour I was rotting away 7 years well spent but time to move upwards.

Guest jimbob738

I don't feel like it sucks to be me ?

moving on to what I wanted to do is a positive thing and now my partner has a Jazz my VTI-S can get sorted the way I wanted it in the first place not as a daily bin wagon..................

Guest jimbob738

Yeah it does, think previous owners thought because they are Honda's the will run forever without the correct servicing and using the correct coolent types hence they hit a certain mileage and start showing signs, but once they are sorted they stay that way.

Mmm Interesting what Map were you using at time of head gasket failure ?

just a thought if it was the same one

hope you int done a piston be interesting to see pistons condition on head removal also valve and chamber conditions.

plugs also worth noting the conditions as for weak fueling.

brings me tooo,been wanting to do this for ages >> :-D

[postpics.gif]

Sorry to hear about the redundancy but it's probably a fate thing if it's helped financially in the short term get you started in your new venture! All the best of luck dude! I'm sure you'll get the head sorted too! :)