koni

spudley1988

Hey folks does anybody have Koni coilovers on their m? Got them on my mb6 just the dampening adjustable ones and to me they seem very bouncy or trashy. Was out in a mates ep3 last night on the same road I'd just came from and his car doesn't react half as bad on the bumps and he just has springs. Is it worthwhile pushing them to even stiffer or is it sounding like they have had their day?

Not sure on age at a guess with my ownership, previous chap and guy who built would be looking at 5-10 years id say. They don't seem to bad rust wise but the ride now to me seems awful and a 1.2 corsa C kept up with me on a run of about 8 miles in which my mb was very poor on corners. I don't expect bmw ride comfort either but these are pretty rough lol, almost fully pollybushed also though I that makes much difference?

Don't sound right does it. Bouncy would indicate the dampers aren't damping.

Would certainly try stiffening them up before giving up. But possible they've had there day.

Ms on coilovers should be quite capable in the corners.

almost fully pollybushed also though I that makes much difference?

Makes a huge difference! I only had the front end polybushed some years ago and it definitely made the ride harsher. But better for hard driving, ofcourse 8-). Wouldn't recommend it to anyway who's after comfort though.

I've got koni shocks but with eibach springs and have the shocks quite stiff.

@dr_broon Does your front sit lower than rear? I have Koni STR.T suspension on mine and not happy with front being too low, almost catches the arches.