Wantone's 1992 200SX S13

wantone

I owned one of these about 10 years ago and was absolutely gutted when i sold it.

I've been eyeing up this one around the corner from me for a few years now, its been kept in his garage (If you can believe it!) for 5 years.

I drove past last week and saw the owner outside his house and i couldn't help myself, asked him if he wanted to sell it and he said yes :-D

I didn't get a great look at it but it looked ok from the side i could see and i couldn't refuse the price he offered it to me for...

Anyway got it picked up today on my mates recovery truck and this was what i was met with -

The side i could see -

DSC_0554_zpsgthawrwz.jpg

The side i couldn't see WACK11111 -

DSC_0552_zpshzjwqhcl.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsfgdb8bov.jpg

It had ivy growing along the side of it in their garage!

So i set to work with some TFR, a jet wash and a bucket and sponge, ended up looking like this -

DSC_0557_zpskbe2vfa3.jpg

DSC_0560_zpsjzhrzx4p.jpg

DSC_0559_zps02u8uqeb.jpg

8-)

Cleaned up pretty good i think!

It does need some welding on the sills (surprise surprise) and some rust bubbling sorting out on the arches but everything else is sweet body wise.

Engine wise, I'm not sure how it runs as i don't want to fire her up until its had a full service due to it being sat for so long and the ca18's habit of eating their big ends. Hopefully going to get that done tomorrow.

Overall plans are to restore it and keep it as standard as possible (Yea right... WACK11111 )

Wish me luck!

Smashing mate. Looks like a beauty. What these 170bhp??

I've read about ca18 having bottom end problems at like 90-100k. Crazy.

My dad had an immaculate s12 1.8 turbo for years and it took a pasting was great.

She's alive! 8-)

Stuck a new battery on changed the oil and spark plugs added fresh fuel.

Popped the fuel pump fuse out, turned the engine over a few times to get the oil round, popped the fuse back in and up she fired.

No nasty rattles, just a bit ticky due to the hydraulic lifters, should soon quieten down after a run.

We do have one problem though...

I was just about to drive it off the ramp when my mate shouted at me to shut her off, i obliged and jumped out to see what he was talking about and saw a huge puddle of fuel spreading out from under the car :x Sent her back up on the ramp fearing the fuel tank was fooked as there were drips coming from all over the rear end! Turns out the fuel lines are s**gged....

Gonna have to replace them all so sub frame needs to come off so we may as well refresh it all and add some polybushes.

And so it begins... :twisted:

• Like 1

They are amazing cars, i do think I'm going to keep it pretty much standard though, Worth more :wink:

Had one years ago and modded the hell out of it, so already scratched that itch. I do keep having bad thoughts though when i'm working on it :-D

My old one -

DSC00408.jpg

2sx4.jpg

100_0833.jpg

That one is really clean too! They are just too easy for me to modify

i think for me haha I would end up ruining it.

If you ever put it up for sale everyone would jump at it if its not too

modified (especially me!)

Whats the mileage like?

Nipped down the unit earlier, put a new air filter in and gave the engine bay a quick tidy up.

Was covered in dust n crap, looks pretty good now

DSC_0577_zpsh3z2uhvq.jpg

I swear this is much cleaner than my old one, apart from the rusty sills...